Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Impact Hub King’s Cross is offering a fantastic opportunity for a talented specialist in trusts and foundations fundraising. This is an exciting time for the organisation as we embark on a new programmes’ strategy. This role offers a unique opportunity to play a pivotal part in the upcoming success of the organisation. You will be experienced in securing funding from Trusts and Foundations, developing Trust Fundraising as an income stream and demonstrating excellent communication and stewardship skills.
Reporting to the Programmes Director you will be a key member of the team. You will also be the only fundraising specialist and as such must be experienced, proactive and confident in your ability to generate income from Trusts and Foundations.
This role will suit an experienced trusts fundraiser looking for a new challenge that will have a big and positive impact. You will be comfortable with managing your own workload and taking the initiative to make things happen.
This role is offered full-time (37.5 hours per week). We are open to flexible working arrangements such as job share arrangements for the right candidates, and encourage working from home part of the time.
The contract is offered on a permanent basis, with a 3-month probation period.
Starting Salary: £33-38k (dependent on experience), plus pension and profit share.
Impact Hub King’s Cross
Our purpose is to catalyse entrepreneurial action for a better world. We do this by supporting and promoting social entrepreneurship, through a collaborative community of like-minded members in a shared workspace, supported by community events and a range of business support and programmes from early-stage incubation to scaling, delivered by us or in conjunction with partner organisations.
Impact Hub King’s Cross is part of a global network of Impact Hubs whose mission is to inspire and support social innovators to realise imaginative initiatives for a better world. Impact Hubs do this by offering flexible membership of highly resourced places for innovators to access space, connections, knowledge and investment.
If you have the relevant experience for this role and would like to apply, please send a CV and covering letter outlining why you are perfect for the role, and how you meet the person specification via CharityJob website. Please use the subject heading: Trusts Fundraising Manager
Deadline for application: 8.30am Monday 25th February 2019
We hope to let shortlisted applicants know by the end of 4th March
Interviews will take place on 19th March (please keep this date free)
Start date: by 29th April 2019
Due to the level of applications expected, we regret that we may only be able to reply to successful applicants.
The Trusts Fundraising Manager’s key responsibilities include introducing a full programme of trust and foundation applications to maximise funding opportunities for IHKX and grow income year on year, in line with organisational strategy by:
- Researching, identifying and implementing new income opportunities from Trusts and Foundations
- Working with the wider team to develop a case for support for each programme or activity
- Adapt the case for support to reach as many different funders as possible
- Devising multi-year approaches to and long-term relationships with grant givers to create a platform of reliable income sources for IHKX where possible
- Work with Impact Hub Global and other partners to secure funds for collaborative programmes where appropriate
- Maintaining accurate records of income secured and applications made
- Maintain donor relationships, including writing and delivering reports
- Ensure full GDPR requirements are met and delivered at all times
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the IHKX programmes strategy with particular reference to what appeals to funders
- Being part of the wider IHKX team.
- Have at least three years’ experience in a Trusts Fundraising role
- Experience of developing a case for support
- Proven track record of achieving, or exceeding, realistic targets
- Experience of working in a busy environment
- Experience in working successfully in partnership with multiple stakeholders
- Experience of working with, or for, social enterprises
- Member of the Institute of Fundraising
- Have excellent written, research and organisational skills
- Are highly motivated and take pride in your work
- Are a confident self-starter
- Thrive in a small team with an entrepreneurial feel
- Have values driven approach to your work
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Are persistent and patient
- Are motivated by delivering high quality outputs, often to tight deadlines
- Can operate in an environment characterised by change
- Are keen to build and develop the role as suits the needs of the business.