Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Philanthropy Manager – NHS Charity
Edgware Road, London
Are you a dedicated fundraising professional seeking your next step? Want to support the success of a charity that strives to enhance the patient experience and enable hospitals to perform at their best? If so, read on.
We’re Imperial Health Charity, an organisation that helps our hospitals do more through grants, arts, volunteering and fundraising. We support the five hospitals of Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust: Charing Cross, Hammersmith, Queen Charlotte’s & Chelsea, St Mary’s and the Western Eye.
Our fundraising initiatives, including major appeals, philanthropy, corporate partnerships and community events, make our essential work possible. As such, we’re looking for a Philanthropy Manager to maximise our fundraising income.
- Salary of up to £36,000 per annum
- Free hospital gym membership and access to yoga classes
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Pension (with contributions of 10%)
- Life insurance
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Staff arts club – including free entry to London galleries
- 25 days’ holiday (increasing with service) plus Bank Holidays
- An extra day’s holiday to be taken one week either side of your birthday
We are passionate about making a positive difference to patient care in our hospitals and to do that, we need fantastic people in our team.
In this important role, you will have the chance to challenge yourself, collaborate with a dedicated team and directly contribute to the charity’s ongoing success.
So, if you have the ideas and drive to make a tangible, lasting impact with our forward-thinking organisation, we’d love to hear from you.
As the Philanthropy Manager, you’ll oversee a major gifts portfolio and develop income streams for our charity.
Supporting the Director of Development, you’ll help to hit our target of raising £2.1 million in 2019/20.
Specifically, you will:
- Work with the Fundraising and Communications Teams to oversee the major gifts portfolio
- Deliver bespoke fundraising events
- Develop prospects lists, relationships and approaches across major donors, trust and foundations
- Create cultivation and stewardship plans
- Ensure compliance with fundraising best practice
- Develop and implement mitigation strategies to overcome identified risks
- Represent the charity externally at events
To join us as a Philanthropy Manager, you’ll need:
- Experience of managing fundraising committees/groups, creating donor materials, delivering donor events and cultivating major donor relationships
- Previous experience of managing and developing information on a CRM database
- A track record of meeting and managing annual budgets and providing management information and reports
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to speak, present and write with clarity and precision
Experience of fundraising in the NHS or other health-related organisations would be beneficial.
We’re eager to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Fundraising Manager, Charity Fundraising Manager, Fundraising Appeals Manager, Fundraising Development Manager, Communications Manager, Marketing Manager or Senior Fundraising Officer.
The closing date for applications is the 4th November 2019, with interviews taking place in mid-November 2019.
Webrecruit and Imperial Health Charity are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking a fresh, new challenge as a Philanthropy Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.