Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Foundation Les Arts Florissants – William Christie
Founded in 1979 by Franco-American conductor William Christie, Les Arts Florissants have become one of the most internationally acclaimed Baroque vocal and instrumental ensembles.
Les Arts Florissants is committed to performing baroque music on period instruments and to develop the cultural heritage of Thiré (Vendée): tours in France and abroad, operatic productions, Spring and Summer Festivals in Thiré (Vendée), academy of Le Jardin des Voix for young singers, education and outreach activities, recordings, editions, artistic and cultural residences, development of the gardens…
Musical Director and Founder: William Christie / Associate Musical Director: Paul Agnew
Baroque music Ensemble in residence at the Philharmonie de Paris.
International Cultural Centre in Thiré (Vendée, Pays de la Loire) with an artistic campus and ‘’Outstanding Gardens’’.
Status: Foundation recognized by the French Government as being of ‘public utility’.
Les Arts Florissants
is hiring its
Head of Fundraising
Fundraising represents 31% of the Foundation’s overall budget and investment projects of the Artists’ Quarter in Thiré (Vendée), and 1.7 million euros each year from various types of donors: American and European Major Donor, Corporations and Foundations/Trusts.
Within the General Administration Department, and in close relation with the Musical Directors, he/she will be in charge of the following missions:
France - Europe and international:
- To implement the annual fundraising process;
- Build relationships with high profile and high net worth individuals as potential donors to the Foundation, in France or abroad;
- Creation and update of the various communication supports;
- Events organising around concertsautour des concerts, gala evenings, patrons’ trips (in particular to Thiré for the Festivals);
- Contractual and budgetary monitoring, evaluation of results and reporting;
- Managing counterparties and donors benefits;
- Monitoring solicitation of the key resources people (board, fundraising committee…);
- Maintaining donor loyalty ;
- Database updates with new donors and prospects.
- Permanent link with the American Friends of Les Arts Florissants;
- Implementation support to American Friends’ actions (fundraising and loyalty programmes) in cooperation with Les Arts Florissants;
- Collaboration in organising fundraising events in New York and in creating communication supports;
- Frequent travel to New York.
- Educated to masters level or equivalent
- A minimum track record of successful fundraising of 2 years
- Bilingual French-English (English native speaker is an advantage)
- Interest for music, cultural heritage and gardens
- Ability to convice
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Leadership and people management qualities
- Rigor and organizational skills
- Motivation and availability (frequent travels to Europe and to the United States)
- Excellent command of IT tools (including Excel, InDesign, CRM databases) and new forms of communication
- Driving licence
French contract- Contrat à durée indéterminée (CDI).
Salary:depending on experience.
This position is available from October 1st, 2019.
Location: Philharmonie de Paris
Candidates must send their application letter, résumé, and salary expectations before 9 September 2019
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.