This is an excellent opportunity for an intelligent, organised and creative candidate to join a Charity that is involved in transforming vulnerable lives across some North Liverpool wards. The post will play a lead role in sustaining our projects by annually raising substantial funds. It therefore requires an experienced, competent Trust & Foundation Fundraiser to join a growing fundraising & marketing team. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrable track record of success in fundraising from these income streams and have experience of working in a target driven environment.
Liverpool Lighthouse is the U.K.’s first dedicated urban gospel music and arts centre, engaging, inspiring and up-skilling disadvantaged groups. We have a proven track record of successful life changing activities for young people, skills training for adults, including the unemployed and non-English speakers, and of bringing older folk out of isolation, improving their quality of life. We work with hundreds of disadvantaged families every year improving their well-being, confidence, skills and fostering social cohesion. Our unique performance venue in Anfield hosts and showcases arts and entertainment events attended by thousands of people each year.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct detailed research of grant and trust funding opportunities
- Take the lead in developing and submitting high quality funding applications and approaches to trusts, foundations and statutory sources
- Develop an effective database, kept up to date and accurately maintained
- Work with other team members to build and manage excellent relationships with key contacts in trusts and foundations
- Work closely with the Senior Management team and staff in Liverpool Lighthouse to ensure that all bids are developed in line with achievable outputs and outcomes
- Deliver targets for grants raised through trusts, foundations and statutory sources
This is not an exhaustive list of tasks and the post holder is expected to undertake any other reasonable duties within the scope of the post as specified by their line manager.
Hours of Work: 24 hours (flexible) per week
Experience required include:
- Detailed and practical understanding of Trust and Grants fundraising is essential
- Proven track record of raising funds from charitable Trusts, Foundations and Statutory bodies or within a commercial environment (5 to 6 figure sums)
- Proven successful experience of researching, soliciting, managing partnerships and donations.
- Demonstrable ability to write compelling and innovative proposals and funding reports.
- Experience of working with a fundraising database and database administration.
- Experience of working to and meeting deadlines.
Skills required include:
- Educated to degree level
- Excellent organisational, written & verbal communication and numeracy skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, databases, Powerpoint
- Ability to work in a team and to apply initiative and common sense.
- Enthusiastic and results driven