Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Job Details (Up to 12 Months Fixed-Term Contract)
Help us transform the way the world does business
We’re looking for a Prospect Development Officer (maternity cover) to help our Advancement team prepare for the next stage in our fundraising strategy. It’s a key time for a successful and growing team with ambitious plans for a major campaign, and prospect research skills like yours will be pivotal to achieving our goals.
Identify prospects, spot opportunities and gather intelligence to support and drive our work
Our Advancement group leads the development and enhancement of the London Business School community. It manages our relationships with alumni and fundraising from individuals, corporations, trusts and foundations by leveraging relationships with each. Join them as Prospect Development Officer and you’ll:
• Undertake research on individuals, corporations and charitable trusts using a variety of resources including international news, biographical, financial databases and keeping track of news on prospects and current donors.
• Provide high quality written briefings to the Dean and other Senior Leadership across the School, telling the stories of our closest and highest profile alumni. Undertake due diligence assessments.
• Work collaboratively with the Data team in the development and implementation of strategies to identify new prospective donors and provide clear, easy-to-use reporting across Advancement.
• Work in partnership with the Giving team, collaborating on various projects, to develop compelling prospect pipeline for the future.
• Work with Raisers’ Edge, our CRM database, to provide research insight that will help us build great relationships with our alumni, as well as maintain detailed and accurate records.
• Contribute to excellent information flow between the research, data and the fundraising teams through close collaboration and your excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Share our knowledge
We generate research and ideas that have a real, lasting influence on people, businesses and markets around the world – our alumni shape and drive some of the world’s biggest businesses and organisations. To do that, we have to make sure we’ve got the people, tools and infrastructure to share our thinking globally. Your enthusiasm, ambition and determination will be key to our success.
Who We Are Looking For
• A background in prospect research or philanthropic fundraising
• Excellent skills in communication, data analysis and problem solving
• Flexibility and the ability to work to tight and conflicting deadlines
• A good grasp of databases and spreadsheets
• Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
Be part of an international network
We’re a global institution: 94% of our students and 86% of our faculty members are international. Together, we’re changing the way the world does business. Based in London’s Regent’s Park, this is an opportunity to work at the heart of Europe’s digital capital – and in one of the world’s most important financial, entrepreneurial and cultural centres.
Why London Business School?
Our vision is to have a profound impact on the way the world does business. This can only be achieved through our people; with 93% of our staff saying they are proud to work here and being consistently ranked among the best in the world for our MBA, global Executive MBA and Masters in Finance programmes you will have an opportunity to be part of this journey.
Benefits We Offer
As an employee at London Business School you will enjoy a generous holiday entitlement, on site swimming pool, sauna and gym, automatic enrolment to a quality defined contribution workplace pension scheme and season ticket loan facility. There is also a wide range of professional development opportunities to support your career path.
Location: Regent's Park, London
Salary: Up to £26,000