Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
The candidate: We are looking to recruit 2 x Fundraising and Support Officers based in our Edinburgh office 3 or 4 days per week. The ideal candidate will be a natural leader with excellent communication skills. They will bring real energy and drive to a role that requires flexibility, working with volunteers and developing and securing fundraising opportunities in their community.
- Identify, build, motivate and continuously develop and train a network of volunteers and supporters and inspire them to maximise the funds they raise through their networks and communities
- Support individuals and families affected by meningitis and septicaemia by listening, providing guidance, and information and also by signposting them to additional information and services available
- Identify, recruit and train volunteers to raise awareness of the disease in their communities and to carry out various functions within MRF
- Where volunteers are not available and/or donations are of high value or of strategic significance, attend cheque presentations and collect funds on behalf of MRF
- Develop relationships with schools, colleges and universities and give presentations to raise awareness, support and engage financial help
- Identify suitable local corporate partners and trusts, build relationships and work with them to raise funds
- Represent the charity in local media as required
- Liaise with local scientists and Universities who may be able to provide experts to comment on key stories in the local press
- Work with volunteers and community representatives to develop regional annual activity plans and budgets to reach fundraising targets aligned to the Community Fundraising Strategy
- Report on progress against plans in person, through presentations and in writing as required
- Raise awareness of the disease through sharing charity communication messages and campaigns, through talks and presentations or attendance in person at events with high level external stakeholders or high level potential donors
The application process: The closing date for completed applications by email is 9am 4th April 2019. Following receipt of satisfactory references the successful candidate will be able to start work as soon as possible after receiving their offer of employment. Please see our website for full details and how to apply.