Fundraising Manager (Major Donor)
Our Vision is that every missing person is found safe.
Somebody goes missing in the UK every 90 seconds. We are a non-judgemental, highly skilled team of staff and volunteers working around the clock for everyone who needs us. We provide free 24-hour confidential support, help, advice by phone, email, text and online, including the opportunity to reconnect. We also coordinate a UK wide network of people, businesses and media to join the search when someone goes missing. Missing People is an independent charity that relies on donations.
Position: Major Donor Manager
Location: Mortlake, South West London
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week, some out of office hour's work will be required
Salary: £35,000 per annum
Benefits: Missing People is on the Sunday Times “100 Best Not-for-profit Organisations to Work for” List 2016 and offers the below benefits: 25 days annual leave per annum / pro rata plus statutory holidays; Additional annual leave days awarded on length of service; Company pension contribution; Life insurance (3 x salary); Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) including 24 / 7 support helpline; Interest-free Season Ticket Loans; Additional maternity pay and leave; Additional paternity pay; Additional sick pay; Eye care vouchers.
Closing date: Sunday 28th March 2019 at 23:59
First Interviews: 8th April 2109
Second Interviews: 12th April 2019
About the role:
You will be a highly motivated fundraiser who can work on your own and as part of a team. It goes without saying that you will have excellent organisational skills and have a positive and pro-active approach. You will have responsibility for delivering Missing People’s growing major donor programme, working externally and across the organisation to ensure every opportunity is maximized. You will be responsible for identifying, agreeing and planning the approach of HNWIs to raise vital funds for Missing People to an agreed annual target.
- Identify, research and approach prospective new major donors to meet agreed targets
- Provide the Chief Executive / Directors / senior level volunteers with the donor insight and cultivation structure
- Personally, steward an agreed number of active donors / prospective donors towards further gifts / new gifts
- Project manage Fundraising Board(s) meetings and major donor events to meet agreed income targets
- Ensure the delivery of high quality regular updates, reports and a range of ways to engage with the charity's work / projects to ensure supporters feel informed, thanked and recognised
- Ensure high quality data is inputted and supporter records are maintained.
- Experience within a major donor fundraising role for a minimum of three years, with a proven track record of developing relationships and exceeding fundraising targets
- Experience developing and monitoring the implementation of fundraising strategies, budgets and operational plans
- Ability to motivate, enthuse and inspire others including volunteers
- Ability to develop and drive forward new projects and initiatives, taking the lead and / or working collaboratively
- Ability to manage high profile people, acting with a high level of professionalism at all times
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written, with an ability to relate with a diverse group of individuals
- A high level of competence in using relationship management databases (ideally Raiser's Edge NXT) and Microsoft Office software notably Excel and Word
You may have experience of the following: Fundraising Manager, Major Donor Manager, Fundraiser, Fundraising, Major Donors, Major Donor, Business Development, New Business Development, Senior Fundraising Officer, Major Donor Fundraising, Supporter Engagement, Charity, Charities, Rasiers Edge, Third Sector, NFP, Not for Profit, etc