Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
A unique opportunity has arisen for the above position working for an energetic and independent educational charity, which promotes Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) to 10 to 18 year olds based in Leamington Spa. The Trust is looking to inspire increasing numbers of young people to acquire life, leadership and engineering skills, leading to increased numbers of engineers for the benefit of UK engineering.
This is a newly created role and is part of the Business Development Department. The successful candidate will drive UK public sector and university engagement to ensure delivery of an ambitious scholarship and residential course growth plan over the next 5 years.
- Nurturing and developing relationships with key stakeholders
- Building and developing new business pipeline with government organisations, the Armed Services and UK universities through outbound calling and visits to existing and potential partners.
- Developing knowledge of existing competitors and new entrants to the market to ensure programmes retain competitive advantage.
- Ensuring the Trust assesses the on-going educational programmes including design, funding, venues, content and business partnerships.
- Developing and implementing business plans in line with the Business Strategic Plan.
- Representing the Trust UK wide with occasional European and international travel.
- Production of reports for stakeholders (internal and external) in line with KPIs and set targets.
- Preparation and presentation of business cases/reports to support the Business Development team.
Candidates should have the following:
- Commitment to increasing numbers of engineers for the benefit of UK engineering
- Strong persusive and negotiation skills
- Ability to think strategically and plan activity accordingly
- Ability to generate and maintain own pipeline of new business
- Proven ability to develop new business
- Be self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Experience at producing contracts
Ideal candidates will be a graduate at 2.1 or higher. You should also possess relevant academic grounding in public sector relationship management and fundraising, with a minimum 5 years’ experience. Having excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, a good current knowledge of the STEM education sector with experience of university engagement would be an advantage.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.