Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Peace Brigades International (PBI) UK is looking for a dynamic and experienced fundraising officer who can help us secure income to strengthen the security and resilience of human rights defenders whose work and lives are under threat.
PBI is one of the world's leading NGOs working to protect organisations, human rights defenders and communities at risk. We provide life-saving support to human rights defenders in some of the most dangerous countries in the world. PBI has been working to support human rights and promote nonviolence for 35 years. We send teams of international observers to areas of conflict and repression to stand shoulder to shoulder with local human rights defenders whose lives and work are under threat. Our presence has been shown to deter violence, persecution and even assassinations.
Applicants must have:
- Education to graduate level or equivalent
- Experience of developing applications to a range of trusts and foundations
- Experience in compiling reports to donors
- Social media experience for a wide audience
- Outstanding written communication, a fluent style and excellent written and oral English
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to develop and maintain key relationships with a range of audiences.
- Ability to craft simple, compelling messages out of complex issues relating to field work
- Ability to work as part of a team and ability to work unsupervised
- Good time management with ability to juggle multiple deadlines
- Impeccable attention to detail
- PC literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent research skills
- Knowledge of PBI’s work and human rights issues
- Commitment to the principles and values of PBI
- Positive attitude, particularly to new tasks and problem solving
With support from the Director, you will be responsible for the implementation of PBI UK’s fundraising strategy.
Trusts and Foundations
- Maintain relationships with existing funders and meet reporting requirements
- Research and identify new opportunities and make plans for approach
- Maintain and update fundraising systems
- Work with the Director and Advocacy Officer to conceptualise and develop projects
- Coordinate with PBI field projects on joint proposals
- Write and submit high quality grant applications and budgets
- Evaluate and further develop fundraising strategy jointly with the Director
- Implement stewardship and communication plans for individual supporters (e.g. individual givers) and fundraising events to ensure that they are receiving the highest level stewardship
- Take responsibility for donor thanking (sending thank-you emails letters, cards, making calls as appropriate)
- Ensure compliance with data protection regulations and update systems as necessary
- Help to grow our individual supporter base and reach new audiences
- Manage the installation and implementation of a CRM system and use the system effectively to manage relationships
- Analyse the activity and income of fundraisers and donors, undertake reviews and make recommendations
- Identify any major donors, trustees of trusts and organisational links that may be of interest and flag to the Director
- Coordinate PBI UK’s monitoring and evaluation system and ensure timely submission of reports to the International Office
- Represent PBI UK in PBI’s fundraising working group – participate in conference calls and attend face-to-face meetings of the group
- Source and manage volunteers where needed to support fundraising activities
- Represent the charity at external events
- Keep up-to-date with fundraising practice, GDPR requirements, codes of practice and trends including contact with other charities
- Project manage supporter and fundraising events and support colleagues leading on fundraising events
- Work with finance officer to produce financial reporting and analysis for forecasts and planning Key Competencies
Peace Brigades International (PBI) is an international nongovernmental organisation with 35 years’ experience opening and protecting space for the defence of human rights. We are a life-saving international presence in areas of conflict and repression, and a powerful global advocacy network protecting human rights defenders and communities on the ground. PBI currently works in seven countries - Colombia, Honduras, Guatemala, Mexico, Indonesia, Kenya and Nepal, supporting over 600 HRDs, whose struggle for human rights and social justice leads them to face threats or violence as a consequence of simply carrying out their work.
PBI UK is one of 15 country groups across Europe and North America that work to mobilise international support for human rights defenders at risk. We build, maintain and strengthen support networks in the UK and activate this support network in times of increased risk. We advocate for better UK Government policy for HRDs, as well as pushing for policy implementation. PBI UK also raises awareness about the risks that human rights defenders face, and human rights situation in the countries where we work, recruits and train international volunteers, and provides direct financial support to projects.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.