Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation is the only UK charity solely dedicated to lung cancer.
Every year, over 46,000 people in the UK are diagnosed with lung cancer. It is the UK’s biggest cancer killer – killing more people than breast, prostate and pancreatic cancer combined.
For the last 30 years, Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation has supported those living with this awful disease as well as funding vital research into early detection so people have the best chance to survive.
Position: Individual Giving Fundraising Officer
Location: Liverpool City Centre
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 34 hours per week
Salary: £18,000 to £24,000 per annum
About the role:
The Fundraising Assistant will maximise income from the portfolio of existing Individual Giving activities. To work to an agreed fundraising strategy and adopt a project management approach to the delivery of a comprehensive mix of projects that are both sustainable, income generating and in keeping with the ethos of the charity.
- Make a proactive and creative contribution to the development of Individual Giving and in memoriam giving in order to achieve agreed targets
- Work to a project management-based framework in the planning, promotion and delivery of projects and campaigns
- Be the first point of contact for supporters, requests and queries relating to individual giving and in memoriam giving (excluding funeral collections)
- Manage and attend events such as ‘Celebrate a Life’, managing all aspects of on-line and off-line giving, increasing giving and promoting the name of the Foundation
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders at all levels, both internally and externally in order to increase lifetime giving
- Ensure supporters receive the appropriate level of communication to ensure they feel supported and valued
- Develop the Charity’s Tribute Funds, concentrating on recruitment and retention of supporters, creating milestones for supporters to aim for and create lasting relationships
- Manage the Charity’s two raffle campaigns that take place in May and December
- Look at new opportunities such as Tap and Donate to keep our fundraising fresh and innovative
- Devise a plan to increase direct debit donations whilst maintaining effective relationships with existing supporters
- Ensure all income is accurately allocated and recorded and all supporters’ information is captured on the database
- Present supporters with further fundraising opportunities
- Look for marketing opportunities and organise distribution of promotional materials
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Fundraising experience (could be in a voluntary capacity).
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to produce accurate work
- Good level of numeracy
- Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines (with supervision)
- Educated to O level / GCSE standard or equivalent is desirable.
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge is desirable
- Experience of organising a campaign is desirable
- Full Driving licence is desirable.
You may have experience of the following: Individual Giving Fundraising Officer, Fundraising Assistant, Fundraising Officer, Fundraising Executive, Fundraising Administrator, Fundraiser, Sales Executive, Sales Assistant, Charity, NFP, Third Sector, etc.