Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Fixed Term Contract for 12 months
We are looking an experienced trusts individual to take up the role of Senior Philanthropy Manager (Trusts) to drive and implement an ambitious Trust and Foundation strategy, growing income in line with the Partnerships & Philanthropy team’s 2020 growth projection. You will join a growing, dynamic and ambitious team, committed to make change for children.
Working in more than 120 countries, we do whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Our Fundraising, Brand & Marketing department exists to inspire millions of people – from individuals to large corporate organisations – to support our quest for change. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
As Senior Philanthropy Manager (Trusts) you will use your significant experience to drive and implement a trust strategy for growth, crucially driving new business across the team whilst also cultivating and stewarding your own portfolio of high value trusts. In addition you will:
- Be an active member of the Major Giving & Trusts team leadership team
- Manage two members of staff, empowering them diversify, grow and contribute to the Major Giving &Trusts strategy
- Hold full awareness of trust/foundation fundraising best practice and trends in the sector
- Collaborate internally with other departments to inform and drive strategy, furthering areas for growth
- Act as a beacon of fundraising excellence, identifying and developing new business, displaying outstanding stewardship
- Represent the wider Partnerships & Philanthropy Team where necessary, both internally and externally
To be successful you will have extensive experience of working within a trust fundraising environment. You will have:
- Proven experience of working within trust fundraising, with significant experience working with a high value audience
- Good strategic thinking skills, able to evaluate short and long-term goals
- Excellent written skills, including development of compelling communications for donors
- Strong inter-personal, influencing and relationship building skills
- Able to work across teams and build strong internal and external networks
- Experience of line management
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 28th January 2018