Senior Fundraising Officer
Putney SW15, flexible working options
£28,000 – £32,000 per annum depending on experience
37.5 hours per week - occasional evening and weekend work may be required
St Christopher's is a leading charity for children and young people. Our vision is for every child and young person to be safe, loved and happy, to achieve their potential and have a bright future. We do this by providing children’s homes, fostering, homes for care leavers and specialist support services, all designed for young people in care, on the edge of care, or leaving care. We support them to make positive relationships which give them the confidence to succeed.
We are looking for an experienced fundraiser in order to grow the fundraising department at St Christopher’s. We have big ambitions in our organisational strategy to provide brighter futures for double the number of young people by 2023 and fundraising will play a big part in helping us to achieve this. In 2020 we will be celebrating our 150th birthday and we are planning our fundraising appeal, as well as lots of exciting activities to celebrate our proud legacy, raise our profile and expand our donor base.
This role would suit individuals who are looking to take the next step in their fundraising career into a more challenging position. We are looking for people with an interest in being part of a developing and growing team.
We are a strengths-based charity and seek to promote the brilliant achievements our young people make to show donors how their investment and support contributes towards this success.
Key aspect of the Role:
- To develop new and existing trust relationships through exceptional stewardship to maximise long term income and secure new sources of funding.
- To address external audiences and present the work of the organisation for the purpose of promoting our work and gaining support, including travelling and meeting with potential donors, supporters and funders.
- To lead and develop the production of supporter newsletters, Christmas appeals and donor care.
- To ensure St Christopher’s individual fundraising complies with fundraising and data protection regulations and best practice.
- Overall responsibility for the management and reconciliation of donations, including on Raiser’s Edge, Streamline Services and on-line giving.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 2 years fundraising experience
- Experience of working with databases, preferably Raiser’s Edge, and setting up/following procedures.
- Ability to plan, implement and monitor projects or initiatives, often with conflicting priorities, to agreed deadlines.
- Excellent communication, networking, and strong relationship building skills.
- Good numeracy skills with the ability to interpret, analyse and present financial data clearly and accurately.
- Flexibility to travel to different services across UK
In return we offer:
- A salary range of £28,000 - £32,000 per annum depending on experience.
- A friendly working environment, a fun, open and honest culture.
- A comprehensive induction programme and career progression for high performers.
- 25 days holiday rising to 27 days after 3 years’ service, plus Bank Holidays.
- A shopping discount scheme.
- After successful probation a contributory pension, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and employee assistance programme.
If you’re ready for the challenge and think you have the skills and passion to drive St Christopher’s forward, then we would love to hear from you.
At St Christopher’s we are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people in our care. During the recruitment process you will be expected to complete an online application form to ensure we capture essential information to meet legislation, best practice and vetting requirements.
To be considered, your on-line application must include a full supporting statement addressing the criteria stated in the Job Description.
For the full Job Description for this role and more detail about what will be required, please visit our website.
Closing Date: 27th May 2019
We advise to apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and this opportunity might be filled before the stated closing date.
St Christopher’s is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.