Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Required for the Thames Valley Region
£21,000 - £25,000 per annum depending on experience - plus competitive benefit package
Every 6 minutes in the UK someone dies without the end of life care that they need. At Sue Ryder, we have launched an ambitious 5 year strategy aiming to double the number of people that we support and we are looking for ambitious fundraisers who can help make this a reality.
Across the Thames Valley Region we are looking for enthusiastic and confident Community Fundraisers to join our teams at this exciting time. If you are target driven and have experience of developing strong relationships in a community setting then this could be your opportunity to join an expanding charity. With career development opportunities, this could be your next step to a future in fundraising.
• To manage delivery of annually agreed income across local income streams; to achieve targets and sustainable growth
• Develop and build strong community relationships in a defined area across the Thames Valley region in line with new service developments
• Responsible for individual income and expenditure targets, and contribute to team reforecasting
• Contribute to the development of the fundraising team plan and develop an individual plan to facilitate the implementation of the fundraising strategy
• Highlight risks to income and develop opportunities and implement contingency plans where appropriate to ensure any fundraising gaps are filled
• Identify legacy leads and to make the ask when appropriate
• Drive the growth of In Memory fundraising
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone with the following skills and experience:
• Proven fundraising experience and expertise in community and other areas of fundraising e.g. volunteer management, corporate fundraising.
• A track record of achieving fundraising growth and delivering income
• Experience of recruiting, supporting and motivating third-party fundraisers to achieve fundraising targets
• Experience of the, management of volunteers and scope of volunteer support for achieving income and expenditure targets
• Substantial experience of forming, nurturing and maintaining relationships within local communities including individuals, groups and associations to deliver growth in income
• An excellent networker, capable of developing relationships with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
• A very strong performance ethic, driven and motivated towards the achievement of targets
• Ability to engender a pro-active team culture
Sue Ryder provides hospice and neurological care for people facing a frightening, life-changing diagnosis. We do whatever we can to be a safety net for our patients and their loved ones at the most difficult time of their lives. We see the person, not the condition.
Our services across Thames Valley include the South Oxfordshire Palliative Care Hub, Duchess of Kent Hospice, Newbury and Wokingham day hospices. Sue Ryder supports people aged 18 and over who are dying from life-limiting conditions like cancer, heart failure and lung disease.
We want to make sure that more people across the region can access our outstanding care in a place that they choose. One of the ways that we are doing that is by investing in our services in South Oxfordshire. This includes our Hospice at Home service, our new Coordination and Advice Line and increased collaboration with other healthcare providers.
We offer a range of support from our three sites in Berkshire, from inpatient care at the 15-bed Duchess of Kent Hospice in Reading, to day services which help people stay at home longer and offer respite to carers at Wokingham Day Hospice and the Charles Clore Day Hospice in Newbury.
*Competitive Benefits Package* – 25 days holiday rising to 30 plus bank holidays, buy and sell holiday scheme, private pension, staff discount with thousands of retailers, enhanced maternity pay, 15% off New Goods and lots more. Please visit our careers page for the full list
Closing date: Monday 30th July
Interviews will be booked asap