Design & Production Officer - Marketing
£26,000 pa plus competitive benefit scheme
Do you have design and edit experience? Are you organised, ambitious and looking for your next career move in a marketing and communications environment?
We are looking for a self-starter with some design and print management skills and experience, ideally in the area of receiving incoming marketing and communication briefs from our marketing managers. This is a really highly involved and varied role that would suit a marketing/design candidate looking to broaden their experience within a creative, supportive environment.
• Receive incoming briefs and set-up jobs on databases, ensuring all information is collated accurately, and that missing details are identified and sought.
• Design, edit and amend materials for a variety of small projects.
• Liaise with internal stakeholders, keeping projects on track, on time and on budget, resolving any issues or escalating as necessary.
• Be the main point of contact internal and external for the print call off system
• Ensure accuracy and quality of final work, with particular emphasis on content and copy being on brand, within our tone of voice and grammatically sound.
• Obtain full sign-off on all items.
• Obtain print quotes and manage suppliers to ensure timely delivery or distribution of materials.
• Develop and maintain databases, keeping folders and files up-to-date with accurate information and copies of work.
• Maintain the Sue Ryder house style guide, updating as necessary and resolving ambiguities. Communicating to relevant stakeholders.
• Manage print suppliers appropriate to needs to provide timely deliveries of required quality and recommending appropriate distribution options.
You will need to have the ability to make sound objective judgements on the effectiveness of design and content and be able to manage projects to deadlines. Experience of using InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop is desirable and a good understanding and knowledge of brand consistency. You will need good communication skills in order to build solid working relationships external agencies and internal stakeholders with a helpful, can-do attitude as part of our busy marketing team. In time, there will be plenty of opportunity to take on more responsibility in areas of interest, if you wish to lead on key projects and grow your experience.
*Competitive Benefits Package* –25 days holiday rising to 30 plus bank holidays, buy and sell holiday scheme, private pension, staff discount with thousands of retailers, enhanced maternity pay, 15% off New Goods, Nurse Referral Bonus Scheme, Season Ticket Loan, Free Parking, Subsidised meals/drinks and lots more. For a full list of employee benefits please visit our main careers webpage.
Sue Ryder provides incredible hospice and neurological care for people facing a frightening, life changing diagnosis. We do whatever we can to be a safety net for our patients and their loved ones at the most difficult time of their lives. We see the person, not the condition.
Interviews: 30th and 31st July 2018