Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Imagine a world where just being yourself is punishable by imprisonment or even death. Such a world exists. It is our world. Around the globe millions of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people continue to face discrimination, persecution and prosecution on a daily basis.
We imagine a different world. The Human Dignity Trust (HDT) is a registered legal charity devoted to ending such repression, by mobilizing the intellectual resources of the international legal community to mount critical, often life-saving, constitutional challenges in global LGBT hotspots. 73 jurisdictions worldwide continue to criminalize same-sex sexual conduct between consenting adults and to use those laws in multiple ways to oppress LGBT people. We exist to change that.
HDT seeks a talented Head of Development to develop and manage fundraising initiatives to secure financial support from individuals, trusts and foundations, both in the UK and internationally. In consultation with the Director and the fundraising sub-committee of the Board of Trustees, the post holder will develop strategies to approach high level donors (high-net-worth individuals, corporate donors, foundations, trusts) whose values align with the work of the Trust, and will manage the Trust’s entire donor portfolio.
- To identify and research new opportunities and to work with the Director and Board of Trustees to maximise long-term sustainable income streams. Administration of grants including reporting, as well as organising and managing fundraising events, will also be key functions.
- The post holder will be highly motivated to be active both inside and outside the Trust’s existing networks, developing purposeful and effective relationships with prospective donors and supporters. The post holder will be expected to liaise with senior staff and Board members to shape fundraising propositions and to spend a large part of her/his time identifying and meeting current or prospective donors both in the United Kingdom and internationally.
- To manage the full portfolio of donor prospects and be responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of potential donors able to support the Trust’s key priorities, including both core funding and ad hoc costs for litigation and related projects.
- A fundraising leader, with ambition and a track record of high performance in high value partnerships, including individual major donors, corporates and trusts & foundations.
- A brilliant relationship builder with the confidence and credibility to work with a wide range of high level stakeholders both in the UK and internationally.
- Highly articulate with excellent written and verbal communication skills, with meticulous attention to detail and tenacity
- A self-starter, someone who is prepared to roll their sleeves up and lead from the front. You will be a motivated and dynamic individual who will get stuck in alongside a small and dedicated team.
For further information and details on how to apply, please visit the website
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; William Pringle and Leia Clancy.
Closing date for applications: 15th February 2019