Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Job title Head of Partnerships
Department Fundraising & Development
Reporting to Director of Brand & Development
Overall Purpose of the job:
To manage the partnerships, corporate and commercial teams at The Mix and raise funds to support young people across the UK.
Key areas of responsibility:
· Lead on delivering and growing our partnerships, corporate and commercial income generation activities to deliver £1million pa in three years’ time (2022).
· Lead on the account management and relationship management of our existing portfolio of corporate partners.
· Line manage the partnerships, corporate and commercial team members to deliver on our income targets for partnerships, corporate and commercial.
· Work across the charity, especially with the service delivery directorate, to collaboratively create exciting and impactful projects for funding.
· Working with the whole fundraising and development directorate to get those projects funded - through compelling proposals, creative pitches and appropriate applications to a broad range of partners, corporate funders and commercial opportunities.
· Working closely with Director of Brand & Development to report on and evaluate partnerships, corporate and commercial income, expenditure and ROIs.
- Work with the Director of Brand & Development to represent The Mix externally at fundraising and profile-raising events and relevant sector forums.
- Keep abreast of and share developments in partnerships, corporate and commercial fundraising and income generation.
- Any other related duties related to this role, as required.
· Experience working in a corporate environment.
· And/or, experience working in new business development or sales.
· Ability to develop pitches, presentations and proposals and utilise them to close deals (up to 6 figures).
· Ability to manage and motivate teams and individuals, including senior staff, volunteers and Trustees, towards shared goals around income generation.
· Strong understanding of corporate responsibility, marketing, communications and all aspects of CSR trends, specifically commercial and sponsorship and customer engagement.
· Excellent negotiator – able to influence, persuade and close deals, with the ability both to influence new prospects and manage expectations.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience of presenting to external audiences and internal stakeholders.
· Ability to work on own initiative and as an active team member.
· Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to take risks and learn from mistakes.
· A passion for working with young people.
· Interest and/or enthusiasm for using digital for good.
· Experience working with or understanding of social enterprises.
· A proven track record of successful income generation from partnerships, corporate and commercial in a charity setting.
· Experience and/or understanding of other fundraising income streams.
· Experience line managing staff and/or volunteers, preferably in a fundraising environment.
· Experience working with Salesforce, or similar Fundraising database.
· Experience in project management – including budget development and day to day management, project planning and delivery, and project evaluation.
· A strong network within the charity and funding sectors.
· An understanding of safeguarding, confidentiality and safe working practices.
Terms and Conditions
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Location: Glentworth Street, London, NW1 5PG
Line Management: Senior Corporate Engagement Officer.
Pension: 4% employee contribution secures 4% employers’ contribution to stakeholder pension scheme.
Hours: This post is full time Monday to Friday with 35 working hours a week. Occasional evening and weekend work will be required for which time of in lieu will be given.
Annual leave: You will be entitled to 35 days of holiday pro rata, which includes the 8 Statutory Bank Holiday during each year.
· Flexible and remote working available
· Eyecare vouchers
· Life assurance
· Weekly staff socials, plus Summer and Christmas Party
· Colleague of the month – awarded half a day extra annual leave
· Central London location
· Coaching Environment
· Learning, development and training options
The Mix is a free, confidential support service for under 25s - making a massive difference to over three million young people in the UK each year. Whatever issue a young person is facing, The Mix is always there for them - online, over the phone or via social media. It connects young people to experts and their peers to talk about everything from money to mental health, from homelessness to jobs, from break-ups to drugs.
We are one of the eight charities forming the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s Heads Together campaign to end stigma around mental health and will continue to work with them on raising awareness and providing vital help for people with mental health challenges. We work on high profile campaigns to change attitudes and raise awareness with the likes of Daniel Radcliff, Lady Gaga, and most recently Russell Brand. We work with TV shows like Hollyoaks to help young people understand sexual consent and big brands like River Island, Dixons Carphone and Lloyds Bank on everything from money to masturbation.
Today’s young people face an unprecedented range of challenges. They are possibly the first generation worse off in physical and emotional terms than their parents. The Mix’s mission is to ensure that every young person can make informed choices about their wellbeing – wherever and whenever they are...
We’ve looking for someone to join our fundraising and development directorate as our Head of Partnerships.
The fundraising and development directorate:
The team focuses on core and unrestricted income whether possible and over the past 18 months we have prioritised long-term strategic funders and partners. We now have a strong pipeline of secured income for the next three years (our strategic planning cycle). The team is made up of a group of enthusiastic and experienced experts who manage their own functions and work collaboratively across the charity to develop projects with the service’s teams and our network of young people.
It’s an exciting team to join the team, which has just finished a hugely successful year and is now growing in line with the charity’s needs and ambitions for the future.
Vision, Mission and Values
What we do: The Mix is here to take on the embarrassing problems, weird questions, and please-don’t-make-me-say-it-out-loud thoughts that people under 25 have in order to give them the best support through our digital and phone services.
Vision: To be the first point of contact for under 25s. We know that with the right skills and opportunities, you can take on anything that life throws your way.
Mission: To empower everyone under 25 in the UK with the knowledge, skills and confidence to make the right first steps in life. Life is hard, but support doesn’t have to be.
- Empowering - we lead, we train & support, we respect, we give space to grow, we give power to chose
- Brave - we innovate, we pioneer, we take risks, we tell it how it is
- Supportive - we listen, we encourage, we care, we’re understanding, we are empathetic
- Collaborative - we are open & transparent, we co-create, we respect, experience & expertise
- Proactive - we create situations, we make things happen, we get things done
- Non-judgemental - we do not judge, we do not criticise, we do not blame
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.