Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Fundraising and Events Manager - Maternity Cover
The National Literacy Trust is a national charity dedicated to raising literacy levels in the UK. We run projects in the poorest communities, campaign to make literacy a priority for politicians and parents, and support schools. Our mission is to give young people the literacy skills they need to get a job and lead a successful life.
One person in six in the UK has poor literacy skills that impact on every area of their life. A child without good reading, writing and communication skills can’t succeed at school, and as an adult they could be locked out of the job market. Poverty doubles the likelihood of literacy failure by the age of five.
We are now looking for a Fundraising and Events Manager to join our team on a maternity cover contract for up to 12 months.
- Salary of £36,000 per annum
- Pension scheme
- 28 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays and a Christmas closure
This is a brilliant opportunity to support the success of a rapidly-growing organisation that is improving attainment and social mobility in disadvantaged communities across the nation.
You will have the chance to build on your existing experience and take the lead on developing a programme of events and activities to engage supporters and generate income.
So, if you’re seeking an engaging contract and want to help us transform lives through literacy, we’d love to hear from you.
As the Fundraising and Events Manager, you will be tasked with developing and delivering a key part of our individual giving strategy. This includes our individual giving club, challenge events, writing prizes, other fundraising initiatives and our flagship annual event, the Where’s Wally? fun run.
You will also:
- Work as part of a supportive and growing development team
- Generate income from both corporate staff and the general public
- Support fundraising through compelling advertising copy and digital marketing
- Work autonomously but utilise a supportive team and management structure as required
To join us as a Fundraising Manager, you’ll need experience of:
- Fundraising event management
- Fundraising from a variety of individuals, including corporate staff teams and the wider public
- Managing funder, donor and supporter relations
- Recruitment and management of volunteers and fundraisers
- Developing and drafting compelling cases for support and copy for fundraising materials and communications
- Digital marketing to support fundraising, including social media, email marketing and writing for the web
- Line-management or team leadership
We’d love to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Fundraising Manager, Event Fundraising Manager, Events Marketing Manager, Charity Events Marketing Manager, Charity Events Manager, or Good Causes Events Manager.
The closing date for applications is the 25th February 2019.
The National Literacy Trust is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and aims to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, ethnicity or religion.
So, if you are seeking your next step as a Fundraising Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 35 hours per week