Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Hours Full time (37.5 per week)
Location Central London with a requirement to travel both nationally and internationally
Salary range Circa £60,000 p.a. + Discretionary Bonus, Life Insurance, Private HealthCare and Pension
Reports to Director, Head of Partnerships and Brands
The Power of Nutrition is a UK-based charitable foundation formed by like-minded investors and implementers committed to ending the cycle of undernutrition and helping children grow to their full potential through new financing and focused action. Our vision is to be a leader in the global efforts to eradicate stunting.
Undernutrition is the underlying cause of 45% of all child mortality. In Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia, nearly 4 in 10 children are growing up with stunted bodies and brains. Putting a stop to undernutrition is one of the best means we have to transform children’s health, education and livelihoods.
The Power of Nutrition is working to unlock $1 billion in new financing to transform children’s futures on a scale that few can achieve alone, including substantial co-financing at country level. The Power of Nutrition has a unique matching model in which it matches any dollar raised to make investments in support of national government nutrition programmes, further leveraging funding from implementing partners. The fund launched in April 2015 with support from the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation, UBS Optimus Foundation and the UK’s Department for International Development and our first implementing agency partners include the World Bank Group and UNICEF. In 2018, The Power of Nutrition developed partnerships with international NGOs to complement its portfolio with the World Bank and UNICEF.
Multiply money, maximise children’s potential
The Power of Nutrition is looking for a highly-motivated senior business development manager to join the Partnerships & Brands team to take a leadership role in fundraising and partnership development. This will require managing existing relationships with a variety of investors and developing new partnerships and raising funds. The right individual will have superior skills in developing and maintaining donor and partner relationships and in creating sophisticated partnerships to bring The Power of Nutrition’s’ work to scale. The focus of key partner responsibilities may evolve over time as partnerships and opportunities develop.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
Development of Partnerships:
- Work closely with the Director, Head of Partnerships and Brands to develop and execute a robust fundraising strategy including the development of new strategic partnerships with leading institutional foundations, strategic family foundations, HNWI, governments, corporates and other funders;
- Develop a pipeline of potential investors and manage a portfolio of partnerships with particular focus on understanding the landscape, identifying prospective partners, helping to build the relationships with those identified and raise new funds;
- Carry a portfolio of relationships with donors and prospective donors. Understand the donors’ current interests and alignment with The Power of Nutrition’s strategy, develop the cultivation strategy and work with the Investments team to articulate and package the programmatic concepts;
- Develop compelling written materials, such as proposals, outreach letters and letters of intent. Oversee quality control on all written fundraising materials and donor reports for assigned portfolio. Contribute to the creation and the delivery of presentations to prospects (with either Director, head of Partnerships and Brands or the Chief Executive Officer);
- Work with The Power of Nutrition’s investor partners to understand their requirements and needs and help to match these with the requirements and needs of implementing agency partners. For larger partners this is likely to require developing tailored approaches;
- Be familiar with the investment opportunities being discussed with implementing partners and hotspot country focal geographies;
- Effectively contribute to the due diligence process with prospects and close binding contribution agreements;
- Work through and establish a personal fundraising target to be met within the reporting year with the Director, Head of Partnerships and Brands;
- Prepare regular reporting on fundraising progress.
Sector knowledge and profile-building:
- Develop an understanding of the political, nutrition and wider development landscape in different geographies to identify additional opportunities for investments and potential funders to support this;
- Identify key events and opportunities in which The Power of Nutrition should engage and prepare necessary materials for such events (working with communications colleagues); represent The Power of Nutrition at external events, meetings and conferences. Awareness of key funding and development trends and issues and how these trends relate to The Power of Nutrition is also a requirement
- With a variety of external audiences, act as a knowledgeable resource about The Power of Nutrition’s programmes and its priority areas.
Membership of the team:
- Comfortable working flexibly and effectively in a focussed team structure;
- Commit to continuing the advancement of The Power of Nutrition brand, messaging and communication;
- Work closely and collaboratively with The Power of Nutrition investment team.
- Educated to degree level or higher in international development and/ or business studies;
- Experience in strategic fundraising for international development and in developing seven-figure, multi-stakeholder partnerships with a variety of donor and partner types (e.g. institutional foundations, HNWI, family foundations, corporates, bilateral government donors, and INGOs).
- Demonstrable depth of experience in partnership management, and advocacy within the development sector;
- Strong numeracy skills and ability to interpret research findings;
- Ability to speak with confidence in front of audiences both generic and those familiar with the complexities of nutrition;
- Excellent partnership and relationship building skills, including representing The Power of Nutrition with senior Government officials and partners. Experience in both public and private sector is needed for the role;
- A self-starter, with resilience, pace, drive, interpersonal flexibility and a high degree of organisational skills
- High level of professionalism, including being conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and communicating in a timely fashion. A positive attitude and ability to work within a team environment are essential.
- Knowledge of nutrition within the context of international development;
- Familiarity with programme design;
- Fluency in French and/or German.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.