Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
We are looking to recruit an experienced fundraising specialist to complement our existing team and to explore new areas of income. Reporting to the Chief Executive, you will work closely with our trustees and existing staff to devise and drive forward our fundraising strategy.
In addition to growing our fundraising in the short to medium term, your priorities will be to identify and cultivate relationships with major donors, organise fundraising events and to work towards securing substantial donations in Wills.
Your expertise will also help the existing team to increase donations from existing sources, instilling an ethos of fundraising and a “donor-centric culture” across the organisation.
Candidate Competencies and Experience
Working closely with the existing staff and trustees, you will have:
· At least 5 years’ experience of fundraising for small to medium sized charities, preferably within the environmental sector.
· A proven track record of delivering against targets
· Direct experience or a good understanding of the workings of small to medium sized NGOs
· Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain good relationships
· An ability to deliver compelling presentations on the Foundation’s work to a variety of audiences
· Budget planning and reporting experience. A proven ability to monitor the performance of fundraising campaigns and activities through analysis of all data
In return, we offer:
· A chance to work with a leader in the field of environmental delivery, with a dynamic, energetic and supportive office environment
· Opportunities for flexible working and working from home
· 24 days annual leave (pro rata) + bank holidays
· Travel and other Expenses
· Enrolment in the Wye & Usk Foundation Pension Scheme (voluntary).
· Life assurance
The Wye & Usk Foundation operates a 3-month review for all employees joining the Foundation.
Further details of the job are available upon request.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.