Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Reporting to:Deputy Director, PSFR/D1
Annual salary:This is a P5 post on the UN Salary scales (see below for more details)
UNICEF job reference number: 66181
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does — in programs, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to children’s rights into action. For UNICEF, equity means that all children have an opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination, bias or favoritism. To the degree that any child has an unequal chance in life — in its social, political, economic, civic and cultural dimensions — her or his rights are violated.
There is growing evidence that investing in the health, education and protection of society’s most disadvantaged citizens — addressing inequity — not only will give all children the opportunity to fulfil their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. This is why the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also supporting the equitable development of nations.
Job Organizational Context
The Private Sector Fundraising (PSFR) section within PFP works with National Committees and UNICEF Country Offices to maximize income and drive income growth. This role will report to the Deputy Director, PSFR and will require that you work cross organizationally with active participation of Headquarters divisions, Regional and country offices, and UNICEF National Committees.
Purpose of the role
This post is the strategic lead for Individual Giving for UNICEF. It develops and plays a role in delivering, the global Individual Giving strategy, as well as crosscutting support across a number of different areas of Fundraising and Engagement. The role works to develop integration across those parts of UNICEF that engage with private individuals, in support of the individual supporter goals of the organization. In support of these objectives, it leads a large, multi-disciplinary team and manages a significant budget.
Strategic lead for Individual Giving
- Maximize income from Individual Giving audiences and channels.
- Successfully build the UNICEF donor and supporter base, driving forward priority income streams.
- Lead on developing and delivering the UNICEF Individual Giving Strategy, under the umbrella of the overall UNICEF Supporter Engagement Strategy.
- Work closely with other HQ divisions and all stakeholders on the successful integration of this plan.
- In support of this plan, lead the development of, and strategic implementation of, the next generation of digital platforms for UNICEF PSFR and engagement including CRM, marketing and transactional platforms.
- Ensure that all business needs are taken account of, and all stakeholders substantively involved on an on-going basis.
Provide technical expertise, facilitation and knowledge sharing
- Individual Giving (Regular giving, one-off, legacies, etc.).
- Digital fundraising support - technical and campaign.
- Fundraising content including video, case studies and human interest stories produced in collaboration with PFP Communication unit and Division of Communication.
- Digital systems and fundraising analytics support.
- Best practice sharing through Individual Giving training, meetings and events.
- Prioritise resources effectively to optimize impact.
- Support effective knowledge management within PFP.
World Children’s Day lead for PFP
- Establish WCD as a scalable and replicable event that will allow UNICEF to ‘own’ this day.
- Achieve, through WCD, evolving financial and non-financial goals linked to the overall strategy.
- Integrate WCD with other fundraising and engagement activities to optimize results.
Manage team in pursuit of goals
- Lead team to the successful achievement of the organizational goals for individual giving.
- Ensure recruitment is carried out promptly to deliver capacity.
- Develop team capacity and empowerment for increased impact.
In addition, the postholder will be part of the PSFR section management team with an overview of the total development of UNICEF’s private sector fundraising.
- Minimum of ten years’ individual fundraising or marketing experience, including the management of significant budget. It would be an advantage if the person has gained at least part of this experience working in a front line fundraising environment or in an advertising or marketing agency.
- Advanced university degree in Marketing, Communications, Humanities, Fundraising, Business Administration, Social Sciences, International Relations or the equivalent.
- A first level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced degree.
- Proficiency in English essential. Working knowledge of other languages an advantage.
This is on the UN Salary scales. To find out more about what this means, please visit the UN site on Salaries and Post Adjustment.