Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
The Fundraising Risk Manager is a specialist risk-based role, working across all Fundraising and Marketing teams, with a focus to maintain our exceptional standards of fundraising here at War Child. The role holds a diverse range of relationships across the organisation, making it an ideal post for someone who enjoys working with the multiple teams in our fast-paced, high-functioning Fundraising and Marketing Department. We’re looking for someone with experience of fundraising risk management who is adept at tackling complex information and applying it to real life scenarios. You must have a competent handling of fundraising regulation including data protection in order to have maximum impact in this role.
The Fundraising Risk Manager is part of the Audit & Risk team with specific responsibilities for the oversight of risk across all Fundraising and Marketing teams. This role brings specialist skills and knowledge in all aspects of fundraising regulation, data protection and gambling compliance to a team of innovative and entrepreneurial fundraisers.
• Ensure that the Code of Fundraising Practice from the Fundraising Regulator remains at the heart of our fundraising activity, systematically ensuring risks are identified and mitigated on a quarterly basis
• Ensure that the donor screening and vetting process remains fit for purpose in line with the Fundraising Policy. Ensure adequate risk control is in place by providing guidance to fundraisers when they are undertaking partner and donor screenings
• Ensure that Fundraising and Marketing meets its obligations as set out within the War Child Data Protection and Data Retention policies, and relevant data protection legislation and guidance from the Information Commissioner’s Office
• Build trusting relationships with all fundraisers in order to shape and maintain a culture of transparency and compliance within fundraising
• Act as a key point of contact for the Fundraising Regulator, Fundraising Preference Service, the Institute of Fundraising, the Lotteries Council and the Information Commissioner’s Office
• Engage with charity and compliance networks, maintaining awareness and knowledge of legislation or changes that might impact the organisation
• Responsible for reviewing, writing and implementing processes and procedures that enable staff to remain compliant with the Code of Fundraising Practice from the Fundraising Regulator and other policy and regulation from the Charity Commission, Institute of Fundraising, Gambling Commission and ICO
• Provide regular briefings and training to staff to ensure they are kept abreast of sector best practice, policy and regulatory changes
• Ensure that regulatory membership fees and levies are paid accurately and in a timely manner
• Offer flexibility to support risk work across other parts of the organisation, where needed