Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
We’re ZSL, an international conservation charity. Our vision is a world where wildlife thrives and we’re working every day to achieve this. From investigating the health threats facing animals, to helping people and wildlife live alongside each other, we are committed to bringing wildlife back from the brink of extinction. Through the work of our pioneering scientists, our dedicated conservationists and our unrivalled animal experts in our two zoos, our purpose is to inspire, inform and empower people to stop wild animals going extinct.
Corporate partnerships are integral to ZSL’s vision of a world where wildlife thrives. Working within the Corporate Partnerships team, the Corporate Partnerships Executive will help generate a sustainable income stream through the management and development of existing and new corporate partnerships whilst at the same time inspiring more people to adopt positive steps to support conservation and value nature.
This role will be responsible for supporting the Corporate Partnerships Manager to deliver against contractual obligations across a portfolio of accounts, providing administrative support for the team and overseeing specific volunteering activities throughout the year. It will provide a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to gain experience working on partnership across a variety of sectors and income streams.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Retain and grow current corporate memberships through effective relationship management
- Effective communication with partners on a regular basis, increasing engagement between the partner and ZSL
- Ensure all corporate engagement activities are evaluated and learnings are absorbed into future activities.
- Identify key partner prospects and undertake research to qualify these leads and partnership opportunities.
- Support the Corporate Partnerships Team in maximising new business opportunities
- Ensure that all transactions with corporate partners are recorded on to our CRM database and that existing records are updated with the appropriate codes and notes
- Report to the Corporate Partnerships Manager in a timely manner on Corporate Membership/Partnership initiatives, progress and targets as required
- Educated to A-level standard or equivalent qualification or a minimum of 2 years corporate fundraising experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to organise workload and meet deadlines
- Experienced in relationship building and negotiating to positively influence internal and external contacts
- Strong IT and administrative skills
- Commitment to ZSL’s core values, vision and purpose
- An understanding of how the commercial sector interfaces with charities
- Certificate in Fundraising or equivalent professional qualification
- A demonstrable track record of managing and developing a diverse range of Corporate Partnerships in a commercial or charity setting
- Demonstrable experience of growing external financial support and developing contacts and networks
- Experience of researching prospective partners
- Experience of working with Customer Relationship Management databases such as SRO4
- Experience of working with volunteers
Applicants will need to upload their CV and covering letter (detailing relevant experience and skills, stating why they want the position and including details of availability) and can do this by clicking the "Apply for this job online" button. If you have any queries regarding these positions or when applying through the system, please contact Human Resources.
Closing date for applications: Midnight Sunday 29th September
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.