We’re ZSL, an international conservation charity. Our vision is a world where wildlife thrives and we’re working every day to achieve this. From investigating the health threats facing animals, to helping people and wildlife live alongside each other, we are committed to bringing wildlife back from the brink of extinction. Through the work of our pioneering scientists, our dedicated conservationists and our unrivalled animal experts in our two zoos, we guide and enable others in the UK and all across the world. Inspiring, informing, empowering – working for wildlife.
Corporate partnerships are integral to ZSL’s mission to promote and achieve the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats. Working with the Head of Corporate Partnerships, the Corporate Partnerships Manager will generate a sustainable income stream through the management and development of existing and new corporate partnerships whilst at the same time inspiring more people to adopt positive steps to support conservation and value nature.
The post holder will be responsible for the highest level of stewardship and innovation in managing and developing mutually beneficial partnerships that lead to positive conservation impact.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and deliver ZSL’s Corporate Membership programme.
- Evaluate, renew and upsell Corporate Membership Agreements taking into account the needs of the business and the ROI for ZSL.
- Establish and maintain a pipeline progress chart which shows real-time status of targeted new Corporate Members.
- Leverage the growing success of corporate employee volunteering by providing more reasons to engage with ZSL through match-giving, participation in ZSL Challenge Events and regular giving.
- Account manage existing Corporate Memberships/Partnerships developing a framework for future collaboration.
- Proactively develop strong and effective relationships with members of other parts of the organisation in order to develop partnership goals.
- Undertake research to qualify prospects and leads and research new partnership opportunities.
- Respond swiftly to enquiries relating to corporate partnerships both internal and external.
- Construct tailored proposals/packages for potential corporate partners that reflect different levels of support/interest.
- Support the Head of Corporate Partnerships to develop the annual Corporate Partnerships budget plan including on-going management of corporate finances.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with an additional marketing / CSR (corporate social responsibility) qualification desirable.
- A demonstrable track record of managing and developing a diverse range of Corporate Partnerships in a commercial or charity setting.
- Proven experience of working to targets and deadlines with ability to prioritise and time-manage effectively
- Corporate fundraising experience is desirable but not mandatory.
- Knowledge of the Charities Act 2016 and Code of Fundraising Practice and recognised standards.
- An understanding of how the commercial sector interfaces with charities.
- Sound knowledge of corporate fundraising approaches, methods and channels and an understanding of when to use which approach for the benefit of the charity and the organisation.
Please note: This is a full-time (37.5 hours per week), permanent position reporting to the Head of Corporate Partnerships. The post will be based at ZSL’s head office in Regents Park however, may occasionally require the post holder to work some evenings and weekends when required. Having a "can do attitude", solution-focused approach and the ability to make objective decisions under pressure will make you a success in this role.
This role offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days holiday, stakeholder pension where the employer minimum contribution is 7%, complimentary zoo tickets and more.
Applicants will need to upload their CV and covering letter (detailing relevant experience and skills, stating why they want the position and including details of availability) and can do this by clicking the "Apply for this job online" button. If you have any queries regarding these positions or when applying through the system please contact Human Resources.
Closing date for applications: Midnight (23:59) Sunday 24th March 2019.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.