Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Donor Development Campaign Manager vacancy at Christians Against Poverty - flexible working considered including full / part time hours, job share, some remote / home based working (though time in the office would be required too).
- The candidate must be able to give both verbal assent to and practical demonstration of Christians Against Poverty’s Statement of Faith and Core Values
- Must be able to actively participate in prayer and worship, whether individual, small group or corporately, as an expression of own personal faith and in line with CAP’s Statement of Faith.
If you would like to discuss this role further prior to applying then please do contact us and we can organise a phone conversation / Skype chat / coffee at our offices.
The Donor Development Department exists to grow and deepen productive relationships with our amazing supporters, that everyone can celebrate. We are driven to raise the money and partnerships needed to deliver CAP’s vision to see every UK church serve and include the poorest whilst confidently proclaiming Jesus. We work alongside our Fundraising Operations and Communications teams to deliver a fantastic supporter experience.
The Donor Development Campaign Manager sits within our Fundraising and Marketing department and holds responsibility for a portfolio of programmes and projects aimed at growing income and deepening supporter relationships. Working closely with the Head of Donor Development and other campaign managers, this role brings strategy to CAP’s supporter engagement and provides project management for fundraising campaigns.
Our supporters are more than donors, they are a crucial part of the work we do. We are passionate about ensuring our supporters feel connected, engaged, inspired and committed to tackling poverty in the UK through CAP. We want to give our supporters the best experience of Christians Against Poverty.
We are highly driven, passionate, strategic, fun, adaptable, visionary and professional.
- Manage a portfolio of campaigns to generate or increase supporter engagement with the charity. The focus of these campaigns will be to find new donors, deepen existing relationships, increase income and grow brand awareness of CAP and it’s work.
- Deliver the required campaign outcomes, working closely with the other teams within the Fundraising and Marketing division to ensure campaign success.
- Develop new products that will bring support from new audiences, increase income and grow brand awareness of CAP and it’s work.
- Design and develop supporter journeys that deepen existing relationships.
- Work alongside our Communications team to ensure our fundraising appeals (Direct Mail, eshots and digital content) are targeted at the right audiences, have clear outcomes, scheduled well and reviewed on their results.
- To work with the Head of Donor Development to create the following year’s strategic plan.
- Review and analyse campaigns implementing learning and making recommendations for future strategy.
- Identify and research external trends in fundraising and bring recommendations to innovation to CAP.
- To work to provide an incredible supporter experience which helps them connect to the work of the charity and understand the impact their giving has.
- Build strong working relationships across the Fundraising and Marketing department and the charity as a whole, ensuring our supporter engagement campaigns are effective and well planned.
- Be prepared to support internal teams working on key campaigns, out of hours when necessary. For example joining Supporter Phone Team to do some outbound calling to drive event attendance.
- Promoting and attending supporter events - up to 8 weekends per year.
- Achieve annual fundraising targets for each campaign or programme in portfolio.
- Achieve annual targets for new supporters added to our database.
- Ensure each project is reviewed, data analysed and learning implemented within three months of project completion.
- Deliver campaigns on time and to brief.
- Contribute to the strategic planning for Fundraising and Marketing and deliver areas of the plan you are responsible for.
- Plan and deliver two fundraising trails each year and implement learning.
- Clearly live out and embrace the cultural values of CAP
- Clearly demonstrate a heart and passion for the charity
Other responsibilities include
- Being willing to pray with staff
- To encourage friends, family and other contacts to support the charity through the Life Changer program, and other fundraising initiatives.
- The above job profile is a guide to the work you may be required to undertake but does not form part of your contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
- HND level or equivalent in work experience
- Certificate in Fundraising or equivalent in a relevant discipline (marketing, communications, project management).
- Experience of having to meet deadlines or targets.
- Experience of leading teams to meet key objectives or targets.
- Experience of project management.
- Experience of managing fundraising or marketing campaigns.
- Experience of delivering and arranging training sessions.
- 3 years experience in a fundraising, marketing or sales role.
- High level of emotional intelligence.
- A confident and passionate verbal and written communicator.
- Inquisitive, creative and innovative.
- A strategic thinker.
- A great level of organisational awareness.
- Highly organised and able to manage competing priorities.
- Consistently meet deadlines.
- Able to drive and manage campaigns and projects to deliver results.
- Able to hold a good balance between detail and the 'big picture'.
- Mature approach to senior level teamwork.
- Excellent at building strong and collaborative working relationships both internally and with external partners.
- Able to negotiate well with external partners
- Able to make well informed decisions.
- Able to analyse data in order to draw out marketing and supporter engagement insights for project evaluation.
- Highly responsible.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.