Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Community Fundraiser who would like to be part of a dynamic team where they can really make a difference. If you are looking for an inspirational challenge why not join one of the UK’s most recognisable charities and contribute to the incredible work we do across Sue Ryder.
Wheatfields is a Sue Ryder hospice, based in Leeds. We’re here for people aged 18 and over who are living with conditions like cancer, heart failure and lung disease. We offer a range of support to patients and their families including inpatient care in our 18 bed hospice, a day service for those with long-term conditions and support in the community through our Community Nurse Specialists, befriending, and bereavement services.
We are now looking for an enthusiastic and confident Community Fundraiser with excellent communication skills and experience of developing strong relationships whilst working towards the achievement of targets. You will join the hospice fundraising team to help achieve ambitious income targets, and build strong relationships in our local community, to help ensure we can provide more care for more people.
• To plan for and deliver income to target and agreed Key Performance Indicators across a variety of income streams with a focus on recruiting community relationships and developing supporter led activity.
• To work collaboratively with fundraising colleagues across the directorate to help deliver national income streams (legacies, regular giving, events)
• To champion and facilitate a consistent and exceptional supporter care experience
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone with the following skills and experience:
• Community fundraising experience including the delivery of supporter led income
• Experience of the recruitment and support of volunteers
• An excellent networker, capable of developing relationships with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
• A very strong performance ethic, driven and motivated towards the achievement of targets
• Ability to contribute to a pro-active team culture
A driving license is essential in this role.
Sue Ryder supports people through the most difficult times of their lives. For over 65 years our doctors, nurses and carers have given people the compassion and expert care they need to help them live the best life they possibly can. To find out more, please visit our website.
*Competitive Benefits Package* – salary of £20,000-£23,000 depending on experience, 25 days holiday rising to 30 plus bank holidays, buy and sell holiday scheme, private pension, staff discount with thousands of retailers, enhanced maternity pay, 15% off New Goods and lots more. Please visit our careers page for the full list