Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we’re challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in research to make life-changing breakthroughs possible
We’re looking for a proactive and enthusiastic administrator to join a fast-moving team and provide vital support to the Supporter-led Fundraising team at Alzheimer’s Research UK on a fixed term contract for a period of 6 months. The roles will be crucial in providing excellent customer service to our current community fundraising supporters through prompt, helpful, professional and friendly contact.
We’re looking for someone with strong communication skills who can support various teams, manage a busy workload, lead on projects and help to develop new team resources and tools. Fundraising experience is not essential for the role, but we’re looking for someone with the drive and passion to change the future for those affected by dementia. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, want to learn and develop and be keen to get involved.
Main tasks of the role:
- Provide central administrative and stewardship support to a remotely based team of Regional Fundraising Officers and wider Supporter-led Fundraising team including accurate recording of fundraisers on our database.
- Support the Sporting Events Team with recruitment and stewardship of events.
- Responding to fundraiser queries and requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Planning and implementing stewardship plans for supporters.
- Fundraising data management: inputting data into our CRM system.
- Supporting on fundraising projects and product development.
- Event support: organising and attending events.
What we are looking for:
- Good level of education, GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English.
- Confident working with computers – Good knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and databases, ideally Raiser’s Edge.
- Excellent, enthusiastic telephone manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Experience of supporting fundraisers or working in another customer service role.
- A professional and hard-working team player.
Location: Granta Park, near Cambridge.
Salary: Circa £21,000 per annum, plus benefits
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more details.
Please note that the official job title for the successful candidate will be Supporter Engagement Executive. When accessing our online recruitment system, the role will be listed as Supporter Engagement Executive.
The closing date for applications is the 1st September 2019, with interviews likely to be held on the 10th September 2019. We would encourage applicants to submit their application at the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time. Should we wish to contact you to arrange an earlier interview this will be arranged based on the availability of the candidate and the panel. Please indicate in your cover letter if you are unable to attend on a particular date.
In order to be considered, please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies Page. You will be able to attach a CV and covering letter to your application, track your application and view other vacancies that may be of interest.
To view further details about this role and the benefits of working for us please visit the Alzheimer’s Research UK website.