Bristol After Stroke is an independent local charity helping people rebuild their lives after stroke. Our services offer a unique combination of practical, social, emotional and psychological support to stroke affected people and their carers and loved ones.
We are currently looking for a treasurer to join our committed and hardworking team. This is a key role in the charity and you will be working closely with the CEO and Chair and be attending trustee meetings every two months.
The overall role of a Treasurer is to maintain an overview of the organisation’s affairs, ensure its financial viability and ensure that proper financial records and procedures are maintained.
In addition to the general responsibilities of a trustee, duties of the treasurer include;
• Overseeing, approving and presenting budgets, accounts and financial statements
• Being assured that the financial resources of the organisation meet its present and future needs
• Ensuring that the charity has an appropriate reserves policy
• Preparing and presenting financial reports to the board
• Ensuring that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place
• Liaising with any paid staff and volunteers about financial matters
In addition to the person specification for a trustee, the treasurer should have the following qualities.
• Financial qualifications and experience
• Some experience of charity finance is desirable
• Some experience of fundraising and pension schemes
• The skills to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences
• Being prepared to make unpopular recommendations to the board
• A willingness to be available to staff for advice and enquiries on an ad hoc basis The person
Please contact for full job spec and application details. Closing Date for Applications 15th September 2019
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.