We are looking for an experienced Trusts and Foundations Manager to work 2 or 3 days per week to continue our successful record of grant applications . You could work from home or from our HQ in Wallington, Surrey. Ideally you would live somewhere that is easy to travel to Brighton so that it would be easy to regularly meet up with our Chief Executive Andy Sellins who is Brighton based.
The Change Foundation has been at the forefront of engaging with marginalised and at-risk young people for 38 years. Using the power of sport, we target and create lasting change in the lives of young people facing some of the world’s toughest challenges. In London we target and work with diverse groups of vulnerable, young people who are at risk from social isolation, including; young NEETs at risk from gang involvement, young women leaving the care system, young offenders, young unaccompanied asylum seekers and young people with physical and learning disabilities. Our international work has taken us to 37 countries and we have helped a range of sports stars to create their own ‘sport for good’ legacy, including Bryan Habana, Chris Gayle and Lawrence Dallaglio. We are based at our unique centre in Wallington, South London.
Summary of the Role
This role will suit a professional fundraiser with a minimum of three years’ experience of charitable income generation through applications to grant-making organisations. Working towards a target of £100,000 to £150,000 per annum (depending on a two or three day a week contract), you will produce tailored applications to an existing and new trust and foundation portfolio and build on this further through research into other appropriate sources of income. You will be part of a small trusts and foundations team led by TCF CEO, Andy Sellins.
With a strong track record of achieving targets, you will be a self-starter, able to work independently and be deadline driven to produce high quality funding applications and reports. Whilst knowledge of sport for development is not essential, you will be committed to learning about the charity’s work and be able to communicate our goals and achievements confidently and passionately in order to maximise future sustainable income.
Salary: £32,500 pro rata (actual £13,000 to £19,500 per annum depending on 2 or 3 day a week contract)
Hours: part-time, 16 to 24 hours per week which includes attendance at monthly team meetings plus attendance at twice yearly team away days which usually include a two-night residential
Location: ideally Sussex based with the flexibility of home working
Holidays: 25 days pro rata (actual 10 days to 15 days per annum depending on 2 or 3 day a week contract) plus pro rate Bank Holidays
Reporting to: CEO
Safeguarding duties and responsibilities
The Change Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The following duties are expected of all staff:
· Proactively ensuring the effective implementation of Child Protection and other related policies
· Ensuring full compliance with all relevant statutory regulations as well as all Change Foundation policies
· Communicating appropriately with all stakeholders including colleagues, participants, partner organisations
· Manage a portfolio of funding opportunities through trusts, foundations and statutory grant makers in order to maximise income for the charity from these sources
· Build on existing relationships by providing accurate and informative reports and where appropriate, applications for repeat grants
· Develop an effective and varied portfolio of funding opportunities in order to implement a rolling schedule of applications to potential funders
· Maintain a good understanding of The Change Foundation’s activities and programmes and work with staff to source information in order to develop high quality funding applications and reports
· Expand the number of supportive grant makers by systematically researching potential new trusts and foundations and where applicable submitting tailored applications
· Maintain comprehensive records of communication with donors, trusts and foundations ensuring the database is regularly updated with funding history and income received
· Provide regular updates to the CEO and contribute to the creation and implementation of The Change Foundation trusts and foundations strategy
· Extensive, proven experience of charitable grant fundraising
· Proven, successful track-record of meeting fundraising targets
· Direct experience of producing high quality funding applications to a range of grant making bodies
· Proven success in developing and maintaining relationships with donors and grant-making organisations
· Excellent written communication skills with an eye for detail
· Ability to confidently articulate our charity’s vision and aims in order to maximise support
· A strong appreciation for care needed to create and maintain new funding partners
· Strong organisational skills, able to work independently with proven experience of meeting application deadlines
· Excellent knowledge of Windows PC systems and Microsoft Office and experience of fundraising databases
· Willing to work collaboratively across the charity and take a wider interest in its programmes and activities
· Flexible attitude towards duties and working patterns in order to fulfil the requirements of the role
· Empathy with and a commitment to the aims and ethos of The Change Foundation.
· Interest in sport and the sport for development sector
· Strong negotiation, persuasion, interpersonal and networking skills
· Ability to understand budgets and summarise financial information accurately
· Ability to carry out research into giving patterns in order to maximise income
To apply please send CV plus a covering letter outlining your relevant experience.