Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
This exciting role is a key fundraising position for SignHealth and will have responsibility for raising significant levels of income from grant making trusts, statutory, schools and community sources. The postholder will provide support for developing and diversifying our income as led by the Director of Communications & Fundraising.
POSITION IN ORGANISATION Reports to the Director of Communications & Fundraising.
DIMENSIONS & LIMITS OF AUTHORITY
1. Based at the main office in Balham, London, SW12
2. Prepared to travel to meet potential funders throughout the UK as required
3. Responsible for meeting agreed income targets
4. Responsible for managing volunteers and supporters within the fundraising function
5. Responsible for establishing and developing relationships with key stakeholders and fundraisers
SCOPE OF JOB
1. Represent and increase the profile of SignHealth and our work.
2. Develop initiatives with schools and the community to meet fundraising targets.
DUTIES & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Contribute to the development and implementation of SignHealth’s long term fundraising strategy to enable us to diversify our income and managing key accounts.
Trusts & Statutory
1. Work with the T & S Manager, managing allocated Trust and Statutory prospects including research, submitting applications, corporate proposals, reporting and related processes.
2. Respond to inquiries from trusts, corporates and members of the public.
3. Write reports for trusts and foundations on the use of existing grants.
1. Plan and launch a new schools’ fundraising appeal, working with agencies/design teams to develop an innovative substitute to our previous campaigns.
2. To actively account manage launched campaigns.
3. To develop the relationships with schools and be key point of contact for schools.
4. Manage the project and process associated.
Individuals and community
1. Help to deliver the FR strategy.
2. Arrange fundraising events and tours of the charity’s projects for potential donors.
3. Work with Director of FR with prospective donors, corporates and other stakeholders to support our work including our Ambassadors.
4. Review SignHealth’s Ambassadors work to date and make recommendations for future plans on how they will support our work and communications strategy.
5. Update donors and commissioners on how their money is being spent.
6. Research and write case studies on the impact of our work.
7. Maintain and update donor records on the CRM.
8. Support people who are planning and entering sponsored events including Marathons.
1. Contribute to the writing and publication of fundraising materials including web content.
2. Work with the Communications Team to contribute to the PR and Marketing of SignHealth in support of its fundraising activities including digital fundraising.
3. Write internal reports and analysing fundraising progress on a monthly basis.
4. Take part in strategy and planning meetings with other members of the fundraising team as well as across the organisation.
5. Help develop and launch digital fundraising and new fundraising products, campaigns and events and working with the communications team to market them.
6. Where necessary, liaise with external agencies to lead future fundraising campaigns.
7. Build and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders including representatives of trusts and other funding bodies, volunteers, supporters, fundraisers and donors.
1. Contribute to the creation of and support any fundraising events by SignHealth
2. Represent SignHealth externally when required
3. Contribute to the annual and quarterly budgetary process and management accounting for SignHealth from an income perspective
4. Undertake any further duties as reasonably required by the Chief Executive or Director of Communications & Fundraising.
Experience and mandatory criteria:
· Educated to degree level or equivalent (e.g. minimum of 3 years relevant work experience)
· Experience of winning significant funding from trusts, statutory sources and foundations
· Experience of delivering fundraising strategies in line with organisational plans
· Experience of cultivating and managing a portfolio of funding bodies and individuals
· Experience of delivering against targets
· Experience of producing powerful and compelling fundraising proposals, reports, presentations and undertaking detailed prospect research
· IT literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and CRM systems
· Proven ability to manage a project through to completion
· Proven ability in building good working relationships with colleagues and confidence to build external relationship through networking
· Proven ability to work to deadlines and manage workload effectively
· Adaptable and flexible approach
· Methodological approach with exceptional attention to detail
· Digital fundraising and digital communications through social media and email
The successful candidate should also be willing to complete BSL training/ qualification up to Level 2
· BSL Level 1 (British Sign Language)
· Understanding of Deaf culture and community