Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
The Women’s Equality Party is seeking an experienced and ambitious, senior fundraiser to drive income from individuals and through events. We are at a pivotal point in our growth and need to develop our fundraising strategy to ensure we are maximising on all income generating opportunities. The post is for 4 days a week.
You will have exceptional face to face skills alongside the ability to develop and operationalise our Fundraising Strategy. You will build and strengthen key relationships with existing and potential High Net Worth Individual donors and work to increase income from our regular supporters and members. Through leading our crowdfunding campaigns and stewarding and expanding our vital network of supporters you will help WE continue to grow and deliver our ambitious campaign and election strategies. To achieve all this, you will be keen to develop our systems and processes to support the Fundraising Strategy,
This role presents an exciting and unique opportunity for the post-holder to make it their own. The Party’s central office is a small, dynamic team and as well as three direct reports, you will work closely with our communications and campaigns staff. This will suit someone passionate about equality, self-driven and with an impressive track record of raising funds.
WE are looking for:
- Experience and demonstrable track record in growing income from one or more income streams including experience in mid-level and / or major donor fundraising
- Experience of developing and managing relationships with prospective and existing donors and of developing and stewarding donor journeys
- The ability to maximise on income through bringing together membership and fundraising strategies
- Ability to work within a target driven environment, to work effectively as part of a team and on your own initiative
- Experience of developing and implementing at least one of the following:
- fundraising strategy,
- appeal strategy and / or
- events strategy
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building skills demonstrated through the ability to deliver exceptional donor care and the ability to command respect at all levels, network and communicate the vision of the Women’s Equality Party to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to write compelling proposals, pitches and / or appeals for support and donor reports
- Ability to be an inspiring, motivating and effective team leader and play a key leadership role as a member of the Senior Management Team
- Experience of line management and ability to develop a small team, which will include managing those with direct line reports
- Knowledge of, and commitment to, the aims and values of the Women’s Equality Party
- Knowledge of the principles of major donor and individual giving fundraising
- Understanding of the rules and restrictions for political fundraising
- Able and willing to work occasional unsocial hours and outside of normal office hours as required
To apply for this role, please submit to us:
- an up-to-date CV, with examples of fundraising targets you have achieved
- a supporting statement addressing the requirements of the person specification (maximum two sides),
- an equal opportunities monitoring form (optional)
Please submit applications no later than 23.59pm on Monday 30th September. Interviews will be held the week commencing 7th October 2019
The Women’s Equality Party values equality and diversity, and welcomes applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. In relation to this post we particularly welcome applications from BAME candidates as these communities are under-represented within WEP at this level.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.