Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Apps for Good is an award-winning charity that is powering young people to change their world with technology. Since our launch in 2010, we’ve reached over 170,000 students in more than 1,500 schools globally, helping young people learn to turn bright ideas into real technology products.
Apps for Good is supported by over a thousand technology and business professionals who serve as expert volunteers for our students, as well as world-class tech industry partners and foundations/trusts including LEGO, Spotify, BNY Mellon, Vodafone and Capgemini.
With offices based in Old Street, Central London, we are a charity with a start-up mindset. We are a highly ambitious and energetic team yet we remain close-knit and friendly, all passionately sharing our belief in Apps for Good’s mission and values.
If you believe in the power of technology and education, then you will be the perfect fit.
Please note we are only looking to fill one role within the Business Development team, but we have some flexibility on level of experience, as well as working hours, to ensure we find the right fit. Therefore, we are advertising for both Fundraising & Partnerships Manager and Senior Fundraising & Partnerships Manager roles. We will consider both full and part-time options for the Fundraising & Partnerships Manager role, but are only able to consider a flexible, part-time arrangement for the Senior Manager role at maximum 4 days / week. We invite you to apply for either role and will assess at application and interview stage which option we feel you are most applicable for, based on experience, as well as your preferred working hours.
We’re looking for a new (Senior) Fundraising & Partnerships Manager to join our team to support, nurture and grow our fantastic network of funders and partners. You will be joining the Business Development team of 2 full time and 1 part time staff members. Your role will be varied covering all areas of fundraising, partnership management, proposal writing and reporting, product development and strategy. You will report directly into the Director of Business Development, Engagement & Communications.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about social impact and building long-term mutually valuable partnerships. The Business Development team interacts on a daily basis with all areas of Apps for Good on a number of projects as well as often out of the office meeting new prospects and existing partners. We work with a range of organisations from small start-ups to large global companies and foundations and enjoy growing productive and positive relationships with them, evolving new products to align with sector changes and writing proposals and reports to best demonstrate our growth and impact on the ground.
- Account management and building quality relationships with our existing partners, such as LEGO, Spotify, BNY Mellon and others.
- Meet with existing partners and prospects on a regular basis to provide verbal updates on progress and/or pitch for new funding opportunities.
- Write funding proposals for foundations / trusts and corporate prospects, leading negotiations from initial meeting through to contract.
- Write regular updates and detailed reports for existing funding partners.
- Research into developments and changes in the broader education, tech, CSR and sustainability sectors. Maintain a weekly pipeline of active prospects and explore new funding routes or income sources.
- Work with the wider Apps for Good team on the successful implementation of funded projects and products such as the Apps for Good Awards & industry engagement partnerships.
- Support and lead, as appropriate, on developing the ongoing Business Development strategy and new product development.
- Minimum of 3 years’ (Fundraising & Partnership Manager) or 5 years’ (Senior Fundraising & Partnerships Manager) demonstrable experience working in Fundraising / Partnership Management / Business Development or a related area (ideally within the Charity sector).
- Experience of achieving funding targets, writing proposals/reports, delivering on projects and effective relationship building / account management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Confident at networking and engaging with stakeholders at all levels.
- Able to deliver high quality pitches to external organisations and senior executives.
- Great interpersonal and teamwork skills, with the ability to work across the team and deliver on shared projects.
- Positive, communicative and proactive approach to work and problem-solving.
- Effective time management skills.
- Great self-starter who can oversee projects from start to finish.
- Enthusiasm for Apps for Good and our mission.
- Experience of presenting/speaking in front of large groups of people.
- Experience of working directly with senior stakeholders.
- Experience of negotiating and closing high value deals (£100,000+)
Gross Salary: £26,000 - £32,000 FTE for the Manager position (depending on experience). £40,000 FTE for the Senior Manager position (maximum 4 days / week; £32,000 pro rata)
Job Type: Permanent; we are considering both part-time and full-time positions for this role.
This is a permanent role based in our office in Old Street, London. We offer flexible working (including ‘Work-from-Home Fridays’), health care insurance and generous holiday allowance, plus you get your birthday off.
Please submit your CV and a covering letter.
Closing Date for Applications: Wednesday 2 October 2019
Face-to-face Interview Dates: First Interview: Wednesday 9 October 2019 / Second Interview: Tuesday 15 and Wednesday 16 October 2019
Start Date: ASAP
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.