Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Do you have a passion for excellent customer service with strong administrative skills and a polite telephone manner? If so we are looking for an outgoing and enthusiastic Supporter Care Administrator to join our Supporter Care team. This role will allow you to carry out essential supporter engagement and administrative activities associated with marketing campaigns, donations, fundraising events and requests for materials. With previous experience of providing excellent customer service, you will have the ability and confidence to communicate with a variety of people, engaging with supporters by phone, email and in writing about a wide range of enquiries.
The Supporter Care team is part of the wider Supporter Marketing team within the Fundraising department. The Supporter Care Administrator is responsible for ensuring that people receive an excellent standard of customer care to maintain supporter satisfaction and to generate the maximum amount of income for dementia research.
This is a part time; fixed term contract opportunity working Monday to Wednesday (22.5 hours per week), for a period of 12-months, or on return of substantive post holder, whichever is earlier to cover a period of maternity leave.
Main tasks of role:
- Answering inbound telephone calls; responding to a wide range of enquiries including marketing campaigns, donations, fundraising events and requests for materials
- Managing enquiries received by email and post, either by responding or forwarding as necessary
- Contacting current supporters via telephone in order to increase the value of, or to retain supporters; including thanking, obtaining Gift Aid declarations and reactivating lapsed donors
- Recording feedback and assisting in the resolution of complaints
- Processing donations from telephone calls and mailings, acknowledging supporters appropriately
- Sending out materials, processing donations and sending appropriate acknowledgements relating to community fundraising, sporting events and donations given in memory
- Processing new direct debit instructions and standing order payments, amending and cancelling gifts as necessary
- Amending supporter details as necessary
- Dealing with incoming post
- Updating team procedures as required
- Recognising fundraising, engagement and retention opportunities when talking to supporters using a range of initiatives to explain how donations positively contribute towards the cause
What we are looking for;
- GCSE in Maths and English, or equivalent
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and databases
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload
- Experience of working in a customer facing role
- Experience of handling complaints and queries
Location: Granta Park, near Cambridge
Salary: Circa £11,700 pro rata, per annum (£19,500 FTE per annum) plus benefits
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more details.
The closing date for applications is the 6th October 2019, with interviews to be held on the 14th October 2019. We would encourage applicants to submit their application at the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time. Should we wish to contact you to arrange an earlier interview this will be arranged based on the availability of the candidate and the panel. Please indicate in your cover letter if you are unable to attend on a specific date.
Please note that the official job title for the successful candidate will be Supporter Care Executive. When accessing our online recruitment system, the role will be listed as Supporter Care Executive.
In order to be considered, please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies Page. You will be able to attach a CV and covering letter to your application, track your application and view other vacancies that may be of interest.
To view further details about this role and the benefits of working for us please visit the Alzheimer’s Research UK website.