Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
We are looking for a full time Assistant Head of MAF Scotland to join the team.
Reporting to the Head of MAF Scotland, this role is aimed at highly collaborative team players, who will deliver in their areas of responsibility helping to organise and deliver events, coordinate volunteers, connect with our head office and overseas missionaries, and deliver MAF Youth activities.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding communicator and influencer, passionate about the work of MAF with a strong ability to plan, organise and prioritise tasks, projects or events as well as engage, enthuse and motivate volunteers.
This role will be responsible for supporting the Head of MAF Scotland in the delivery of the MAF Scotland strategy to raise awareness and the profile of MAF in Scotland in order to inspire people to pray, encourage people to serve overseas and engage people to give.
There is an occupational requirement for the job holder of this position to be a committed Christian. Additional information is available on request.
- Develop, maintain and grow relationships with senior church leadership of emerging and new expression churches, to expand our church partnerships
- Delivering presentations and representing MAF at Christian events
- Lead and manage the MAF in the Community team of staff, working with the Volunteers Manager, oversee the Volunteer Programme, provide high-quality service to supporters, Church and other organisations that embrace the values and beliefs of MAF.
- Work with the Head of MAF Scotland and the UK Major Giving Team to grow the MAF Business Club.
- Work collaboratively and harmoniously with all other MAF UK teams helping processes and procedures to work efficiently and effectively.
- Take part in the preparation, development and management of the Scottish budget.
Required skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, possibly with a management/ business or post graduate qualification in volunteer management or charity fundraising or marketing.
- Proven experience in a management role including strategic planning, people and financial management
- Proven experience of corporate fundraising
- Proven experience of leading a team
- Proven ability to represent an organisation and developing awareness of it through communication with a variety of people, group
- Experience of setting and controlling budgets
- Thorough, up to date knowledge and understanding of the broad Scottish church constituency and politics within Scotland
- Ability to communicate clearly, assertively, and diplomatically at all levels in group and one- to- one setting
- Ability to plan and work strategically
- Ability to influence at all levels within a complex stakeholder organisation
- Ability to supervise, motivate and envision team members
- Willingness and ability to work within organisational guidelines and corporate objectives
- Annual salary £36,500 per annum.
- Full time, 36 hours per week
- 22 days annual leave plus 9 bank holidays per year
- Additional paid leave between Christmas and the New Year office closure.
- MAF UK provides a non-contributory pension scheme for staff of 10% salary on joining.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.