Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Build It International is a development NGO that has pioneered a simple and highly effective model that is enabling hundreds of unemployed young people in Zambia to learn essential building skills whilst building vital schools and clinics. Our approach has evolved over the past 12 years with continual learning and improvement.
We have a team of 30 staff across the Shrewsbury and Lusaka offices.
About the role: This is a new senior leadership position which will lead a number of core functions to ensure continued growth and performance improvement. Taking overall responsibility for fundraising, you will also oversee our strategy implementation including leading on organisational development. We anticipate increasing responsibility as the role establishes itself, with a possible career path to CEO in the medium term.
- Overall responsibility for income across the organisation (currently £1.36m)
- Senior leadership experience within a not for profit organisation ideally with overseas development experience. Some commercial experience an advantage
- Sound understanding and experience of relationship based fundraising/income generation
- A strong affinity with our mission, values and approach
- Forward-thinking and dynamic with proven experience of leading, developing and managing a high performing team
Once you have read the full role description, please submit your CV and include a brief supporting statement (no more than one page of A4). This should be sent with ‘Managing Director’ in the subject heading by 1200hrs on 28th October, 2019.
Please also see the Information pack available through our website.
Note previous applicants for the position Director Development and Performance need not apply.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.