Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Head of Business Development
We are Advance, a women-only organisation dedicated to helping women cope and recover from experiences of domestic abuse, as well as women who are at risk of offending or with short term sentences to reduce offending.
As a result of significant growth over the past two years to £4m income and 100 staff, Advance is now able to provide vital specialist women’s services across London and in partnership on national projects.
We are now looking for a Head of Business Development to join our head office team in Hammersmith and lead our fundraising strategy.
- Salary of £50,000 - £55,000 per annum (based on experience)
- 30 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- A day off for International Women’s Day
This is an incredible opportunity for a fundraising professional to join our supportive organisation as we make a huge difference to women’s lives.
As a women-only organisation, our cause resonates with our employees on a personal level. We are passionate about empowering women and girls to lead safe, non-violent, equal lives so that they can flourish and, ultimately, help to create a better world.
Our values are to listen and support, to empower and respect, to collaborate and innovate and remain accountable in all we do. If you believe you could bring about change as part of our team, we want to hear from you.
As the Head of Business Development, you will be responsible for leading our ambitious fundraising strategy that will enable the continued development of our services and programmes.
Seeking to both grow and diversify our income, you will focus much of your efforts surrounding our growth from trusts and foundations, institutional and statutory partnerships, as well as major donors.
At this key turning point for our organisation, you will:
- Support changing attitudes towards funding and investment into its capacity and capability
- Work across Advance to deliver change in the way we identify, secure and manage our funding
- Lead the development and execution of fundraising and partnerships
- Establish grants, partnerships and major donations strategies and income streams
- Cultivate funder relationships
- Work with other teams to develop packages for our conceptualised ideas, compelling approaches, proposals and outreach materials
- Manage and support the Fundraising Manager
- Help to develop bids for grants and contracts
To be considered as the Head of Business Development, you will need:
- Significant experience of creating and developing effective relationships with senior external stakeholders relevant to the sectors that Advance works in, including at least one of trusts and foundations, institutional donors and philanthropists
- A track record of successful fundraising through partnerships and of meeting ambitious fundraising targets
- Fundraising leadership experience at a strategic level, including overseeing and ensuring proposals are high quality and reflect strategic approach
- An understanding of fundraising compliance requirements
- To be educated to at least degree level or possess equivalent experience, or a recognised marketing or business qualification
Please note: only female applicants will be progressed as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
An understanding of the fundraising environment for the women’s sector, including knowledge of organisations and individuals likely to work with the sector to fund projects, would be highly beneficial to your application.
Other organisations may call this role Head of Fundraising, Head of Fundraising Strategy, Head of Income Development, Fundraising Manager, Head of Partnerships, or Head of Corporate Partnerships.
Advance is committed to equality and diversity and strongly encourages applications from women with disabilities, from BME backgrounds and the LBT community.
So, if you are ready for a career defining role as the Head of Business Development, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.