Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
£28,000- £30,000 pa
37.5 hours per week
Sue Ryder have an exciting opportunity for a Trusts Fundraiser to join our dedicated central Fundraising team, based in London.
Supporting the team this integral role will work to develop and maintain relationships with trusts, foundations and statutory funders. Through the creation of funding applications, resulting in significant income you will support Sue Ryder’s service delivery, new business development and major capital appeals.
The Trusts Fundraiser role:
• Secure income for Sue Ryder by creating tailored proposals, utilising information provided by the Case for Support Team and submitting high quality grant applications to a wide range of funders including large scale national funders.
• Working with the Prospect Researcher to develop cultivation plans and ascertain propensity to give and best methods to secure income.
• Create productive relationships with trust funders at all levels with the aim of securing significant funds for Sue Ryder and develop effective stewardship plans to maintain and increase levels of giving.
• Develop and report on a trust pipeline for own area of responsibility.
• Report progress on this pipeline on a monthly basis and identify potential risks to team targets or objectives and suggest solutions.
• Report on income on a monthly basis providing updated forecasts to the Head of Trusts for financial planning purposes.
• Provide significant input into the trust team strategy documents based on relationships with funders and prospects.
• Link with other fundraising functions (Major Donors, Corporate) to maximise influence and impact. Recognise potential links and raise these with appropriate members of other fundraising teams. Maintain accurate and up to date donor records.
The successful Trusts Fundraiser candidate will have:
• Experience of securing income from trusts and foundations.
• Experience of cultivating prospects, initiating conversations and planning and hosting service visits with donors.
• Experience of maintaining relationships with funders and designing and implementing tailored donor care and stewardship plans.
• Experience of developing pipelines of trust income and activity.
• Experience of working with Senior Managers/Directors and committee members.
• Experience of Raisers Edge or a similar customer relationship management system and maintaining accurate records.
This job will suit a Trust Fundraising Assistant or Executive looking to take a step up in their trust fundraising careers, or a Trust Fundraising Officer who would like the opportunity to work in a high performing and dynamic team, fundraising for a national charity at the forefront of palliative and neurological care and bereavement support. This position will be ideal for a fundraiser who prioritises a major donor approach to trust fundraising and can communicate effectively with key personnel in person at meetings and events, as well as via phone and email.
Sue Ryder supports people through the most difficult times of their lives. Whether that’s a terminal illness, the loss of a loved one or a neurological condition – we’re there when it matters. Our doctors, nurses and carers give people the compassion and expert care they need to help them live the best life they possibly can. Be part of something truly special.
To further your career in this exciting and rewarding field please apply now.