Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Mary Hare educates 240 profoundly deaf children at its residential school in Berkshire and we pride ourselves on our pupils’ achievements at GCSE, A Level as well as B Tech and Vocational Courses. We offer the opportunity to teach highly motivated children, in small classes, where you can make a real difference at this national centre of excellence for deaf education. No knowledge of sign language is required, as we follow an auditory/oral philosophy.
The Marketing & Development Department are responsible for three main areas of Mary Hare’s work:
- Voluntary income: fundraising
Raising funds in line with Mary Hare’s income targets and building and maintaining a healthy and resilient mix of income streams to support the education of deaf children and Mary Hare’s growth and development
Dealing with enquiries from families of deaf children, arranging visits and events for prospective students, assessments and placement in the school
Promoting Mary Hare to target audiences including families of deaf children, professionals working in deaf education, Local Authorities, donors, supporters and the media
- To achieve voluntary income targets for trusts, foundations, lottery funders and other grant makers, working closely with relevant colleagues to ensure bids are of high quality.
- To ensure that funders receive timely, high quality reports on what their funding has achieved, encouraging future support, and that all conditions in grant agreements are met.
Identification of new opportunities: Identify and research funders with the capacity and propensity to support Mary Hare’s work. This role is specifically to identify funders able to contribute to revenue costs.
Mapping prospective funders to Mary Hare’s needs:
- Determine which funders to approach with suitable unfunded aspects of Mary Hare’s budget(s) and prioritise and schedule work in to meet deadlines, with project timings in mind.
- Development of robust cases for support that will effectively engage funders.
- Application writing: prepare and submit high quality, tailored funding applications
- Relationship building: build and maintain new relationships with funders.
- Reporting: work with colleagues in the school to provide high quality, timely reports and updates to funders, demonstrating impact and encouraging future support.
- Information management: ensure that Mary Hare’s Raisers Edge NXT database is up to date and provides an accurate picture of activities, deadlines and the fundraising pipeline.
- Achieving growth: through careful stewardship of relationships and securing multi-year funding, build a pipeline for future financial years alongside meeting this year’s targets.
- Adhere to highest standards of fundraising best practice and comply with applicable law.
- Engage & support colleagues across teams to support fundraising.
- Strategy: contribute to fundraising strategy, ensuring grant income is sustainable, e.g. through developing a mix of funding bids of various values, durations and types.
- Reporting: deliver regular reporting to the Director of Development for circulation to Fundraising Team, Senior Leadership Team and Trustees.
- Communications: ensure that Mary Hare’s online and print materials support trust fundraising and that trusts are included in events where appropriate.
- Safeguarding: ensure that Mary Hare’s safeguarding policies and procedures are always upheld and contribute to the charity’s ongoing drive to create a culture of safeguarding across the organisation.
- Other fundraising: contribute to other fundraising initiatives and events as required.
- Undertake any other duties reasonably required by your Line Manager.
Mary Hare School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to references and an enhanced DBS check before confirmation. Mary Hare School is an equal opportunities employer.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.