Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Job title: Community Fundraiser
Focus: Community Fundraising
Start date: January 2020
Reporting to:Senior Consultant
Usual place of work:Royal Trinity Hospice, Clapham
Hours of work:37.5 hours per week
Closing date: 13 December 2019
Compton are the UK’s leading fundraising consultancy - with seven decades of experience managing successful annual, capital and legacy campaigns for charities and not-for-profit organisations.
Our clients recognise Compton as ‘the trusted name in fundraising’, thanks to the transformational contributions we make. We are proud of our history and track record, and the ‘Compton Way’ continues to deliver extraordinary fundraising results, even in today’s challenging operational and economic conditions.
This role will be based within an existing Compton team at Royal Trinity Hospice in Clapham, South London. Compton has worked with Trinity since 1999 and the Charity has a proud heritage in the hospice and wider charity sector.
About Royal Trinity Hospice:
Royal Trinity Hospice is a local charity and the only dedicated provider of end of life care for adults in the south west and central London.
Trinity believes that patients should be able to live every moment they have left to the full and to die with dignity when the time comes. For their families, friends and carers, Trinity provides bereavement support for all ages, at every step of the way.
As a charity, Trinity needs to raise over £11 million every year to supplement income from the NHS in order to continue our free care. They simply cannot do this without the support of those living in the communities we serve across our catchment area of seven London boroughs.
To find out more about the individualised care Trinity provides, please visit www.royaltrinityhospice.london
As a Community Fundraiser you will be responsible for building and managing new and existing fundraising relationships with supporters in the community to maximise income.
Encouraging and inspiring both individuals and organisations to, among other things, either hold a fundraising event or sign up to take on a Trinity challenge and playing a key role in the recruitment and administration of the community challenge events calendar in collaboration with the individual giving team.
You will also take the lead on a number of fundraising initiatives designed to engage local business and other key community groups e.g. Trinity’s Family Walk & Fun Day, the Charity’s biggest community event of the year.
Excellent stewardship and supporter care is the bedrock to achieving Trinity’s (and Compton’s) fundraising objectives.
- Support two Community Fundraising Managers to identify, develop and maximise fundraising (and income) opportunities from local community groups e.g. schools, churches, local businesses etc.
- Provide first class stewardship and donor care, ensuring that fundraisers are well informed of upcoming events, feel supported and thanked appropriately.
- Inspire new supporters while maintaining and developing existing relationships
- Take the lead on the recruitment, administration and management of challenge events which include London Marathon, Prudential Ride London and the Vitality London 10K.
- Collaborate with the Individual Giving and Special Events teams to successfully plan, co-ordinate and deliver Trinity’s annual Family Walk & Fun Day.
- Support the launch and delivery of a new Corporate Supporter Programme
- Assist with the development of marketing materials e.g. bulletins, flyers, posters, newsletters etc. which adhere to brand guidelines.
- Prepare weekly team reports (as required) to present at team meetings.
- Ensure that effective administrative systems and procedures are in place including accurate and up to date supporter records on charity database - Raiser’s Edge.
- Manage all new community fundraising email and telephone enquiries.
- Initiate and maintain excellent internal relationships, such as with Fundraising colleagues, the Communications team, and the Hospice clinical teams.
- Represent Trinity at community and other Trinity events, book in hospice tours and cheque presentations and arrange supporter meetings.
This summary outlines the main functions and responsibilities of the post. The post holder may be required to undertake additional duties as required, commensurate with the level of the job. Some events may fall outside of office hours, as a vital member of the team, the successful candidate will be encouraged to attend these events where possible.
Desired experience - Person specification:
- Understanding and knowledge of the essential components of community and event fundraising. At least 18 months experience in a fundraising or similar role.
- Demonstrable experience of building strong relationships with a range of individuals and /or organisations.
- Experience of organising and marketing events.
- Excellent communication skills and a commitment to excellent supporter care.
- Excellent written skills; you will need to write compelling and articulate fundraising copy.
- Ability to work independently and use own initiative; effectively managing a variety of tasks simultaneously to achieve agreed deadline and objectives.
- Strong IT skills Microsoft Office; including database systems preferably Raiser Edge.
We’re looking for a bright, enthusiastic, determined individual to join the Compton fundraising team to help deliver fundraising activities for Trinity and, of course, fast track a career in fundraising with the UK’s leading consultancy.
- Annual leave 25 days plus bank holidays
- Non-contributory life assurance scheme
- Standard Life pension scheme with Company contributions starting at 3%
To apply please submit your CV with a supporting statement of up to two sides of A4, explaining why you are applying