Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Salford Foundation is currently expanding its income generation team to meet its planned service development, business growth and business plan priorities for the future. This is an exciting time for our organisation as we approach our 30th birthday anniversary. We plan to continue to raise our profile and build relationships with funders and commissioners to diversify our income streams.
We wish to appoint a fundraising bid writer with at least 2 years’ experience of researching, preparing and submitting successful grant funding applications and bids to Trusts, Foundations and Statutory agencies. Ideally, you will have a professional fundraising qualification, a background in the Voluntary and/or Public sector of securing core and project funding for children’s, young people and/or adult services. You will be passionate about creating better futures for people and have the following essential bid writing skills:
- Be pro-active, highly organised and able to plan and prioritise your workload
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to build rapport with funders and commissioners
- Ability to write concisely, creatively and persuasively to engage audiences and tell a compelling story
- Have high levels of numeracy and confidence in working with statistics, budgets and financial information
- Ability to develop project proposals for different target groups
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Leading on implementing Trust and Foundations funding strategy, planning, preparing and submitting grant funding applications for Trusts, Foundations and Statutory agencies
- Supporting the Business Development Manager and fundraising team with the preparation and submission of other grants applications, bids, proposals and pre-qualification questionnaires, as agreed
- Contributing to the development of Salford Foundation’s Funding and Income Diversification 3 Year Strategy 2020/21-2022/2023 and annual funding plan
- Researching and identifying external funding opportunities that meet Salford Foundation’s strategic business plan priorities
- Meet income generation targets
- Preparing and delivering funding briefings to Senior Management Team and Salford Foundation staff on pipeline and current funding opportunities and contributing to “bid kick” off meetings
- Preparing and submitting accurate and timely budget and financial information, using full cost recovery to support grant funding applications and bids
- Developing collaborative working relationships with external statutory, VCSE, public and private sector partners and agencies to support service development and partnership bids
- Researching, obtaining, collating and presenting beneficiary, project and contract data internally from Salford Foundation staff to support the evidence of need
- Supporting the monitoring, evaluation and reporting of grant funding applications and bids
- Submission of monthly and annual progress reports including , grant/bid pipeline opportunities, planned and submitted bids, success rate and fundraising income performance against targets to the Senior Management Team and Line Manager
- Contributing to the ongoing marketing and promoting of the Foundation’s services to external stakeholders using social media, website and other communication updates
- Attending supervisory sessions, relevant subject based training, briefings and networking events to keep up to date with legislation, policies, practice and technology
- Implementing and complying with all Salford Foundation’s policies including Safeguarding Policy, Health and Safety Policy, Data Protection and Confidentiality.
- Undertaking any other tasks of a similar level of responsibility as requested by the Senior Management Team or Line Manager
- Good working knowledge and understanding of Trust, Foundation and Statutory funder requirements and expectations
- Knowledge and understanding of social exclusion and poverty and the impact on children, young people and adults
- Knowledge and understanding of the education, employment, training, health, or criminal justice sectors
- Knowledge and understanding of social value policies and social value measurement
- Experience of working in the VCSE/public sector in a fundraising or bid writing role
- Recent experience of researching, preparing and submitting Trust, Foundation and Statutory fundraising grants and bids opportunities nationally and/or regionally
- Experience of working collaboratively with staff across an organisation to develop proposals from initial concept through to project start
- Experience of using online funding and e-tendering portals
- Ability to write accurately, creatively and persuasively to engage the target audience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to work with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to use own initiative, plan and prioritise workloads with minimum supervision
- Ability to research, analyse, interpret and present complex data concisely
- Excellent ICT skills and proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Values and Attitudes
- A desire to help people from all backgrounds and treat them with dignity and respect
- A non-judgemental open mind
- A ‘can do’ attitude focused on solutions and continuous improvement
- Commitment to equality and diversity
- Commitment to maintaining personal and commercial confidentiality
- Commitment to Salford Foundation’s core values
- Use of a car is desirable but not essential for this role
- Be able to travel across Greater Manchester to attend external meetings and briefings
As a valued member of our team, you will enjoy a number of benefits including 6% company contribution into your pension scheme; 23 days holiday per year increasing yearly to a maximum of 30 days plus 8 bank holidays; access to our programme of social, health and well-being events and staff discounts. Please refer to our 'Welcome to our Team' document for more details.
If you have the relevant experience and essential skills and want to be part of our team, please submit a completed application form which can be found below no later than 12 noon on Tuesday 31st March 2020. Interviews will take place on Thursday 16th April 2020.
Please note that only completed application forms will be accepted.
Previous applicants need not apply.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.