Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Be part of the vision; be part of the RIBA.
The RIBA is a global professional membership body, and a cultural organisation, driving excellence in architecture.
Salary: £34,816 - £44,032 per annum depending on experience
Hours: 35 hours per week. Two-year fixed term contract
Since our foundation in 1834, The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) has championed better buildings, communities and the environment through architecture and its members.
We are currently recruiting for a Trusts and Foundations Fundraiser. The postholder will help us build on our excellent track record of securing trusts and foundations funding to support the RIBA’s cultural activities and other charitable purposes, identifying and soliciting new opportunities, submitting high quality applications and supporting information backed by teamwork with colleagues, as well as stewarding and reporting to our funders to keep relationships positive and give us the best chances of future funding successes..
In particular the Trusts and Foundations Fundraiser will look to secure support for these cultural activities which RIBA carries out:
- the National Schools Programme – a high-achieving unique programme partnering architects, educators and schools
- formal and informal learning – in a varied programme for learners of all ages
- exhibitions and events – which break new ground and blend contemporary architectural practice with the best of centuries of architectural history
- the Palladio Catalogue project – a project to deliver a catalogue raisonne for the outstanding architectural collection of the world, largely in the care of the RIBA
- digitization, which helps share our collections more widely online and supports improved access and development of new audiences
- conservation such as the current rare books conservation project, which is seeing unique and valuable masterpieces of architectural literature
- cataloguing projects such as the current Colin St John Wilson & Partners cataloguing project, which is revealing the untold story of the creation of the British Library, including the pivotal role played in the design of the largest public building of the 20th century by MJ Long
On occasion the Trusts and Foundations Fundraiser may also be involved in fundraising to support the RIBA’s Professional Education support funds, which help support the architects of the future in their early professional development.
If you think you have what it takes to deliver this role, then we’d love to hear from you.
As our Trusts and Foundations Fundraiser, you will bring experience of high quality lead generation, bid-writing, solicitation planning and relationship management with particular emphasis on grant-giving trusts and foundations (but experience with statutory funders will also be of interest). You will have the written and verbal communication skills to present the RIBA and its causes to potential funders in the best possible light. You will also have experience of fundraising in a cultural environment or for cultural programming, from the initial approach to writing a bid to securing funding to stewardship and reporting.
Whatever stage you are in your career, you will have experience of working as part of a multidisciplinary team, including fundraisers and other culture, heritage and / or learning professionals. Ideally you will have experience of being the sole trusts/foundations fundraiser working on successful trust/foundations funding applications. And of course you will have good IT skills, particularly working with MS office and using this to design and present funding applications, reports and similar communications optimally. In return we offer a great package, great working environment, great colleagues and the chance to really make a difference to the work we can do.
If you would like to apply for the position, please send a CV, cover letter and a completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form
Please read job description: Trusts and Foundations Fundraiser
Closing date: 17 April 2020
Interview date: w/c 27 March 2020
The RIBA offers employees a range of staff benefits including 26.5 days of annual leave + half-day for Christmas shopping, paid closure between Christmas & New Year, season ticket loan and generous pension scheme.
The RIBA is a progressive employer, committed to developing a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all sections of society and welcome requests for flexible working across our organisation.
Registered Charity No. 210566
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.