Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
HART was founded in 2004 by Baroness Cox to support people suffering from conflict and persecution in places often neglected by the international community. HART works where many larger humanitarian agencies cannot, delivering aid to some of the world’s most oppressed people and helping to build local capacity. HART works in partnership with community based organisations and develops strong relationships with local partners on the ground who are best placed to improve the wellbeing of their communities.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced and results driven Fundraising Manager to identify, establish and manage relationships with major donors and potential donors including Trusts and Corporates in order to support HART’s annual fundraising targets.
The role is to:
- Develop a yearly fundraising strategy
- Identify a range of potential donors, engage and manage those relationships
- Write grant proposals
- Develop HART’s ‘Case for Support’
- Develop alliances with other NGOs
- Network and engage with businesses
- Work collaboratively with the team to enhance fundraising efforts
- Plan and coordinate funding approaches including developing log frames and theory of change in accordance with funder guidelines
- Produce monthly (internal) reports and quarterly (Board Meeting) reviews on the performance and progress of fundraising against agreed financial targets, operational activities and annual objectives
- Frequent communication with Projects Officer on donor requirements i.e. deadlines/report requirements
- Manage relevant due diligence processes
- Keep up to date on institutional donor trends in line with global development goals
- Support other areas of fundraising as required
- Work closely with Fundraising & Communications Manager and Projects Officer to ensure understanding of any implications, risks and opportunities of funding applications/awards.
The successful candidate will be able to confidently communicate the crucial work undertaken by our partner organisations in 8 countries to a range of potential supporters and new stakeholders. With excellent communication and influencing skills, combined with the gravitas required to build effective relationships with senior executives, you will drive and deliver new opportunities and deliver winning charity pitches.
In order to succeed you will have:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Be highly motivated by the charity’s work in supporting and empowering persecuted communities around the world;
- Strong IT skills and ability to build effective relationships and influence and persuade stakeholders.
- 3-5 years of fundraising experience with good knowledge of a range of traditional and innovative fundraising methods and practices
- Demonstrable experience of building strong and trusting relationships with corporates
- A self starter with a track record of growing income generation, specifically raising unrestricted income
- Pitching and proposal writing experience
- Creative and innovative in all aspects of work
- Excellent communication and influencing skills (written and verbal)
- Strong networking and presentation skills
- An interest in and understanding of HART’s values and ethos
*This role is part-time, requiring 2-3 days a week, at a salary of up to £20,000 - £30,000. The role is based in our Northwest London offices. As part of a small but lively team, the role is managed by the CEO and works closely with the Fundraising & Communications Manager.
If interested, please apply with your CV and cover letter detailing how your experience fits the job description. We look forward to hearing from you.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.