Do you have at least 3 years' experience in institutional fundraising, working with European government donors? Do you want to use your experience to help create a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and foresters?
We are looking for a senior associate to write six and seven-figure funding proposals to European bilateral and multilateral donors to support the work of Rainforest Alliance globally. The senior associate will collaborate closely with our program teams and other units across different Rainforest Alliance locations, to ensure quality writing and editing of proposals, concept papers, and reports for institutional donors in line with tight deadlines.
This is a fast paced, highly competitive environment, and we are looking for candidates who have a high degree of organizational skill, including the ability to manage multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines.
The ability to proactively identify new funding sources to ensure a healthy financial pipeline growth is essential, as is confidence in liaising with contacts at government agencies to track opportunitites and trends.
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- At least 3 years’ experience in institutional fundraising, with proven track record of securing government grants;
- Experience of working with European government donors is essential; direct experience with the Dutch government would be a significant plus;
- Must have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with fluency in English; Dutch, Spanish and/or French fluency a significant plus;
- Must be a strong writer that is detail oriented, resourceful, and able translate complex, technical information into persuasive proposals;
- High degree of organizational skill, including the ability to manage multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines;
- Experience in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, work environment – preferably within a global organization;
- Experience of working within a developing-country context a plus;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as be an effective team member;
- High degree of skill in using MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required;
- Strong knowledge of conservation and/or community development/forestry/agriculture/livelihoods issues strongly preferred;
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM system a plus;
- Ability to travel up to 10% of time
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.