Cathedral Music Trust is looking for an experienced and motivated Development Director to develop and implement our fundraising strategy and to raise substantial funds for our beneficiaries.
Cathedral Music Trust (CMT) is a charity which supports and promotes sacred choral music. We do this by campaigning on behalf of cathedral music and musicians, giving grants to cathedral choirs and choristers in need, and encouraging the pursuit of excellence in choral and organ music. The Trust is a newly formed charity, incorporating the Friends of Cathedral Music and the Diamond Fund for Choristers. It has ambitious plans to invigorate and expand its operations as the leading source of support for cathedral music through advocacy, education and grant-giving. It is especially committed to enabling children from a diverse range of backgrounds to experience the many benefits that come from being a chorister.
About the job
Permanent, part time position.
22.5 hours per week (0.6 FTE), working from home. More hours may be available by negotiation.
Salary £24,000 per annum - this is pro rata the full time equivalent salary of £40,000 pa.
You will be responsible for developing and implementing the Trust's strategic plan to raise funds. You will manage our fundraising initiatives and our communications with current and prospective donors and supporters. You will report to the Trust's Chair, working closely with the Chair of the Development Committee and the Operations Director. Administrative support will be available. Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing the Trust's fundraising strategy
- Planning and managing fundraising campaigns and activities
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with current and prospective donors and supporters, and stewarding major donors
- Developing new structures for supporters and members
- Identifying sources of funds and writing proposals and applications to trusts, foundations and corporates
- Developing the charity’s public profile and managing marketing activity, including through social media
- Working with colleagues to produce high quality communications materials such as blogs, press releases, tweets, opinion pieces and newsletters, ensuring consistency of messaging
- Preparing regular fundraising updates for the Board of Trustees on progress against fundraising strategies and targets
- Working closely with the Trust’s Operations Director for the benefit of the charity
You are a successful fundraiser, with a minimum of two years' experience in fundraising. You are energetic, self-motivated and proactive, with outstanding written, oral and interpersonal skills and excellent organisational and time management skills. You can demonstrate an ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with trustees, donors, supporters and volunteers. You are IT competent and familiar with customer relationship management systems for non-profits. You have experience in communications, especially social media. You have an interest in sacred choral music.
A job description and person specification is available below. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their background.
In order to apply, please submit your CV, a covering letter and names and contact details of two referees. In your letter, please explain how your skills and experience match the job description and person specification, why you would like to join us, and any other relevant details in support of your application.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.