Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Job title: Interim Head of Income Generation
Contract type: Fixed term for 6 to 9 months
Starting date: ASAP
Hours of work: 5 days a week (4 days considered) 1.0 FTE is 37.5 hours per week. We are temporarily working reduced hours of 32.5 hours per week at full pay.
Flexible working: Our core hours are 10am to 4.30pm. We offer flexible working agreements.
Location: Anywhere in the UK, our whole organisation works from home at present
Salary: £49,415 – £52,624 FTE inclusive of London weighting. Commensurate with experience.
Benefits: 5% employer pension contribution, 28 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays and additional closure days in December
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Application deadline: Sunday 20th September 2020.
Campaign Bootcamp is a young, nimble, independent rapidly growing charity dedicated to helping to ensure that people most impacted by injustice are leading campaigns that affect their lives, from better housing to fairer treatment of migrants, LGBTQ+ rights. Our graduates are testifying before Parliament, organising national demonstrations, being elected to local government, changing laws and regulations and waging important, successful campaigns.
As the Interim Head of Income Generation you will be part of our leadership team, implementing and developing the fundraising strategy. You’ll be an experienced senior leader, with a proven track record leading a team to successfully achieve fundraising targets, whilst fostering a culture of collaborative working and cross-team support.
Joining our charity through a period of external instability you’ll be charged with reviewing the structure of our fundraising team and recruiting the permanent roles necessary to achieve our fundraising goals, including recruiting a permanent Head of Income Generation.
The successful candidate will be an experienced, committed, and versatile professional with a passion for fundraising. Reporting to the Chief Executive, you will play a key leadership role in the organisation at a crucial time. You will also work with trustees, to ensure they’re actively engaged in the process of developing our income generation function.
If you are ready for this challenge and would relish the chance to become part of a successful forward-thinking organisation, we would love to hear from you.
You’ll have two primary, overarching fundraising objectives to achieve by summer 2021:
- Recruit a permanent Head of Income Generation
- Future-proof and diversify the UK fundraising programme to ensure long term sustainability
This will be achieved through:
Reviewing and enhancing our approach to Income Generation by:
- Developing and implementing the Income Generation strategy
- Maintaining and building relationships with existing funders, major donors, trusts, Lottery and other sources
- Prioritising and developing income streams from new sources (including partnerships and public donations)
- Reviewing and enhancing monthly income reporting to trustees, and CEO.
Enhancing our approach to team management by:
- Recruiting, supporting, managing and motivating the Income Generation team.
- Ensuring all team members have regular one to one’s, with clear measurable objectives.
- Ensuring annual appraisals are conducted on time, and are appropriately documented.
- Leading team in their own annual business development plans, and ongoing performance monitoring.
Leading the team, and being an internal advocate for income generation by:
- Recruiting, training and motivating the Income Generation team.
- Personally lead a new business drive, developing own relationships.
- Ensuring excellent communications at all times, especially with the leadership team.
- Contributing to the organisation strategy and development as part of the Senior Management Team.
- Championing the consistent use of our Salesforce database, while working with our external consultants to ensure we get the insights, and data required to build thriving relationships.
Work with the Chief Executive to develop the strategy for income generation across the organisation, in line with organisational objectives by:
- Developing multi year strategy, in line with organisational three year plan and indicative budgets
- Developing and implementing new approaches to income, including public donations and partnership income.
- Ensuring cross organisational working