Job Title: Trusts and Funds Manager
Employer: Citizens Online
Freelance Contract: maximum daily rate £250 (excluding VAT) Estimated 1-3 days per week up to maximum 35 days work to 31 March 2021
Hours: Hours flexible over Monday to Friday
Base:The post-holder will work remotely
Managed by: Managing Director, Citizens Online
Citizens Online is a UK charity committed to researching, addressing and promoting the issues of digital inclusion. In collaboration with a wide range of partners, they have delivered digital inclusion projects across the UK since 2000.
Living during lockdown has demonstrated to everyone how important digital skills and technologies are to make our lives easier. But there are 9 million adults in the UK who can’t use the internet. Citizens Online are determined to ensure no one is left behind in the digital age we now live in.
We work to support organisations who are transforming digitally to understand and embed digital inclusion principals. Our clients include Local Authorities, Housing Associations, Health Organisations and Government Departments. We also support individuals to improve their digital skills and confidence to use technology safely. We manage Digital Brighton & Hove which works with over 350 organisations across the City to support residents with digital skills.
The Trusts and Funds Manager is a new role within the organisation. We’re looking for an experienced Trust fundraiser, with demonstrable success in raising income from Trust, Grants and Foundations. You’ll work closely with the CEO and Managing Director to establish and implement a long-term Trusts strategy for the organisation. You’ll be adept at building a Trusts portfolio and developing relationships with funders. You will have outstanding written and communication skills to write persuasive cases of support for applications and impact reports.
This job is for a motivated, self-starter who has knowledge and ideas about the ideal funding partners who can support Citizens Online to ensure that no-one is left behind in the digital world we now live in. An understanding of digital exclusion issues and interest in the social value of digital technology would be an advantage.
We are all based remotely so would expect you to be able to work from home and participate in video calls with the team occasionally.
- To develop and deliver a Trusts and Funds Fundraising Strategy
- Lead on all applications, writing clear and engaging copy of a high standard
- Research and develop new income generation opportunities, producing an achievable pipeline of prospects
- Develop strong relationships with funders where necessary
- Produce monthly reports to inform the Board and Senior Management of fundraising activity
- Build good working relationships with colleagues across the organisation
- Ensure all information is recorded on appropriate systems in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure all income is banked in an accurate, compliant and timely manner
- Adhere to all compliance processes to ensure good governance
Please apply online at charity job by sending your CV (maximum 2 sides) and a Covering Letter (maximum 600 words) that together demonstrate why you would be a good candidate for the role.
Important: Please include your day rate, inclusive of all costs, in your application.
- Application closing date is 10:00am on Friday 23th October
- Interviews will be held online using Zoom, around 27th -30th October
If you’re excited by this opportunity we’d love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably skilled and experienced people, regardless of their race, gender, physical ability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.