At a pivotal moment in AfriKids’ history, join us to take our fundraising to the next level. We have a bold strategy to reach more children than ever over the next decade and you can help make it possible during the time you are with us.
We are seeking an energetic, passionate, and proactive Senior Funding and Partnerships Manager (New Business) to join our team on a six-month fixed-term contract. The successful postholder will be an ambitious new business fundraiser with a strong determination to succeed. Throughout their term, they will be a key member of the fundraising team and will be responsible for developing high quality successful funding applications to new and existing trusts, foundations and corporate donors.
Joining our small but award-winning team, you will work closely with the Head of Funding and Contracts, Grants Manager, AfriKids Ghana and other staff members.
What you will do
Target: Raising £850K for AfriKids through trust, foundations and corporate donors between October 2020 and March 2021.
- You will proactively seek funding opportunities through our existing relationships with funding partners (trusts, charitable foundations and companies), and by finding new ones
- You will contribute to the development and management of the funding pipeline and proactively share any funding intelligence you receive with wider funding team
- Build on relationships with existing donors, delivering an excellent standard of quality proposals in a timely manner and thereby maximising opportunities to submit further applications for funding
- Maintain an in-depth, up to date knowledge of AfriKids’ key services and projects and their order of funding priority, to inform grant and partnership fundraising activities and maximise opportunities.
- You will produce high quality, timely, tailored proposals, applications and pitches to funding partners, addressing grant-making priorities, corporate criteria and requirements as specified by individual donors.
- You will produce and review budgets for funding applications ensuring full cost recovery approach whilst remaining cost effective and compliant to legal and regulatory requirements
- You will maximise income from all possible income streams with particular focus on trusts, foundations and corporate partners.
- You will take responsibility for maintaining the grants and partnerships pipeline on Salesforce for any funding opportunities you are leading on, ensuring records are accurate and up to date, including data input, tracking expected income, running reports and, ensuring compliance with the Charity’s Data Protection and information security policies
- You will ensure AfriKids’ quality assurance processes are consistently adhered to maximise conversion rates
- You will take responsibility for ensuring the information produced by the grant fundraising department is accurate and up to date, including references to current external research and statistics
- Maintain and follow appropriate systems and processes for efficient grant fundraising, including timely coordination of information with AfriKids Ghana
- You will build excellent relationship with our programme and finance colleagues in Ghana ensuring you are getting right information and at right time to deliver your bids
- Maintain a good working knowledge of external activities, policies and learning to ensure that proposals produced by AfriKids is current and of substance e.g. referring to the latest Ghana census for up to date statistics, being aware of UN publications on work in similar contexts, etc.
- With a donor-centric mindset, you will use your creativity and versatility to innovate our proposals and cases for support to inspire and capture hearts and minds
- Maximise the value of the Charity’s resources available (including collaboration with otherstaff; software and technology; finance, etc.), while being conscious to complement and work cooperatively with other work streams towards the Charity’s common goals and objectives
- Be a dedicated team player and always support and work cooperatively with the rest of the team
- To adhere to AfriKids principles and values at all times
You have the essentials
(please demonstrate all of these)
- 8 – 10 years demonstrable track record in successfully designing and writing bids for five to seven figure donations and multi-year grants to trusts, foundations and corporate donors
- 4 -5 years experience of proposal development within international development sector
- Experience of cultivating, developing and relationship managing a diverse range of grants and partnership donors
- In depth understanding of proposal design techniques and ability to convert complex and often unorganised information into compelling project ideas and proposals
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of preparing and reviewing budgets
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Native level fluency in written English
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail with specific emphasis on spelling, grammar, proofing and correction
- Working and delivering calmly under pressure meeting multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment is a must
- Excellent time management, organisational skills and ability to prioritise a wide variety of work
- A methodical and organised approach to workload
- Excellent relationship building skills particularly with colleagues working remotely
- Proactive, “can do” attitude with good initiative in responding to varied tasks
You may also have
(you are not be expected to have these, but if you do, we’d love to hear about it)
- Degree in international development, fundraising or relevant subjects
- Experience in working and living in Ghana
- Experience with Salesforce, Adobe InDesign
- Experience working within brand guidelines
Please note that applications are being considered on a rolling basis.
*** AfriKids can only consider applications from candidates who have the legal right to work in the UK. ***
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.