Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we’re challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in research to make life-changing breakthroughs possible.
The Community Fundraising Manager role plays a significant part in helping to build a high-performing fundraising team. You will work closely with senior stakeholders within ARUK and be required to play a key role in the continued development and implementation of the strategy for the team. You will be required to show excellent leadership to the team, helping to drive the regional fundraising strategy in addition to taking a leading role in the development of appropriate products at a crucial time for the team.
We are looking for a positive, enthusiastic and level-headed person who has a passion for community fundraising.
Main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Plan, implement and deliver the Community Fundraising strategy within Alzheimer’s Research UK.
- Manage annual income and expenditure budgets and targets for the team
- Monitor acquisition and engagement of supporters
- Work alongside the Regional Corporate Partnerships Managers to develop the pipeline of new business opportunities with the RFOs and ensure teams are working together effectively
- Manage some of the highest value community fundraisers, maximising income from these supporters and leading by example to inspire high standards in the team.
- Take the lead on the development and management of an income stream within community fundraising. Gather insights, implement strategy and motivate the team to deliver the budget
- Drive the success of the team through effective and inspiring leadership to ensure a highly motivated team which achieves targets
- Recruit passionate and motivated fundraisers when necessary and ensure they have a thorough induction and training plan
What we are looking for:
- Educated to A ‘Level or equivalent
- In-depth knowledge of the community fundraising market
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- An ability to manage a busy and varied workload with excellent organisational skills
- Understanding of Fundraising and experience of regional fundraising
- Regulator Codes of Practice and legal frameworks around GDPR and fundraising ethics
- The ability to work with initiative, to take decisions and think creatively and laterally
- Experience of delivering community fundraising strategy
- Experience of managing teams with high-value relationship management experience
- Experience of developing strategy and managing budgets
- Contagious enthusiasm to inspire the team and supporters
- Full driving license with access to own vehicle
Location: Granta Park, near Cambridge.
Salary: Circa £39,000 per annum, plus benefits
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more details.
The closing date for applications is the 5th January 2020, with interviews to be held on the 14th January 2020 at our Cambridge office and the 15th January 2020 in London. Please indicate in your cover letter if you are unable to attend on these dates.
In order to be considered, please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies Page. You will be able to attach a CV and covering letter to your application, track your application and view other vacancies that may be of interest.
To view further details about this role and the benefits of working for us please visit the Alzheimer’s Research UK website.