Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we’re challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in research to make life-changing breakthroughs possible
We’re looking for a proactive and enthusiastic administrator to join a fast-moving team and provide vital support to the Supporter-led Fundraising team at Alzheimer’s Research UK. The roles will be crucial in providing excellent customer service to our current community fundraising supporters through prompt, helpful, professional and friendly contact.
We’re looking for someone with strong communication skills who can support various teams, manage a busy workload, lead on projects and help to develop new team resources and tools.
Fundraising experience is not essential for the role, but we’re looking for someone with the drive and passion to change the future for those affected by dementia. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, want to learn and develop and be keen to get involved.
Main tasks of the role:
- Responding to fundraiser queries and requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Planning and implementing stewardship plans for supporters.
- Fundraising data management: inputting data into our CRM system.
- Supporting on fundraising projects and product development.
- Event support: organising and attending events.
What we are looking for:
- GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English, with grades 9-4 (A-C equivalent)
- Excellent, enthusiastic telephone manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of supporting fundraisers or working in another customer service role.
- Confident working with computers – good knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and databases, ideally Raiser’s Edge.
- A professional and hard-working team player.
- Good organisational skills.
Location: Granta Park, near Cambridge
Salary: Circa £21,000 per annum, plus benefits
Please download the Vacancy Pack for full details.
Please note that the official job title for the successful candidate will be Supporter Engagement Executive. When accessing our online recruitment system, the role will be listed as Supporter Engagement Executive.
The closing date for applications is the 1st January 2020, with interviews to be held on the 10th January 2020. Please indicate in your cover letter if you are unable to attend on this date.
In order to be considered, please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies Page. You will be able to attach a CV and covering letter to your application, track your application and view other vacancies that may be of interest.
To view further details about this role and the benefits of working for us please visit the Alzheimer’s Research UK website.