Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Apps for Good is an award-winning charity that is powering young people to change their world with technology. Since our launch in 2010, we’ve reached over 170,000 students in more than 1,500 schools, helping young people learn to turn bright ideas into real technology products.
Apps for Good is supported by over a thousand technology and business professionals who serve as expert volunteers for our students, as well as world-class tech industry partners and foundations/trusts including the National Lottery Community Fund, Comic Relief, LEGO, Spotify, BNY Mellon and Vodafone.
We have a focus on reaching young people in challenging circumstances and empowering more girls in technology. In 2018/19, 52% of our students were female and 68% of schools reached were in challenging circumstances.
With offices based in Old Street, Central London, we are a charity with a start-up mindset. We are a close-knit, highly ambitious and energetic team who all believe strongly in our mission and values.
If you believe in the power of technology and education to transform lives, then you will be the perfect fit.
We are looking for a Head of Fundraising & Partnerships to drive Apps for Good’s fundraising strategy; supporting, nurturing and growing our fantastic network of funders and partners. You will manage the Fundraising & Partnerships team and be responsible for all fundraising operations, reporting directly into the CEO of Apps for Good. You will be joining Apps for Good at an exciting time, as we embark on a new long-term strategy to build on our 10 years of growth and impact.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about social impact and building long-term mutually valuable partnerships. You will sit on the Senior Management Team and lead the creation and implementation of our annual fundraising & partnerships strategy, as well as contribute to the overall strategic direction of the organisation. You’ll be responsible for forming productive and positive relationships with organisations that include start-ups, large corporations, foundations and charities; growing productive and positive relationships with them, evolving new products to align with sector changes and showcasing our growth and impact on the ground. This role is ideal for someone who is excited to both develop and drive forward our strategy while also being hands-on in working with our partners and on projects.
- With support from the CEO and the Senior Leadership Team, create and deliver the annual fundraising strategy, including new product development.
- With support from the CEO and Finance Manager, set and meet the annual income forecast target.
- Maintain a healthy pipeline; lead and support on identifying, qualifying and closing new income leads.
- Write ambitious funding proposals for foundations / trusts, corporate prospects and other opportunities; leading negotiations from initial meeting through to contract and delivery.
- Work with the team to maintain quality relationships with partners, including required reporting. Meet with existing partners and new income prospects on a regular basis
- Line manage the Fundraising & Partnerships team and work with them to deliver the fundraising strategy.
- Ensure the effective working of the Fundraising & Partnerships team with other teams at Apps for Good, managing and balancing the priorities of fundraising with project delivery.
- Lead on the successful delivery of strategic partnerships and programmes, including a gender research in computing project funded by the Department for Education.
- Represent the Fundraising & Partnerships team on the Senior Leadership team, as well as at Board Meetings, where appropriate
- Minimum of 6 years of demonstrable experience working in Fundraising / Partnership Management / Business Development or a related area (at least 3 years within the Charity sector specifically).
- Strong track record of meeting ambitious fundraising targets, writing proposals/reports, delivering on projects and effective relationship building / account management.
- Experience of negotiating and closing high value deals (£100,000+), specifically across corporate partnerships and foundations / trusts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Confident at networking and engaging with stakeholders at all levels.
- Able to deliver high quality pitches to external organisations and senior executives.
- Great interpersonal and teamwork skills, with the ability to work across the team and deliver on shared projects.
- Strong people management skills; prior experience of line management.
- Positive, communicative and proactive approach to work and problem-solving.
- Effective time management skills.
- Great self-starter who can oversee projects from start to finish.
- Enthusiasm for Apps for Good and our mission.
- Experience of negotiating and working on government projects / contracts.
Gross Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Job Type: Permanent. Full-time, but will consider 4 days / week.
This is a permanent role based in our office in Old Street, London. We offer flexible working (including ‘Work-from-Home Fridays’), health care insurance and good holiday allowance, plus you get your birthday off.
Please submit your CV and a covering letter by clicking on the link
Closing Date for Applications: 30 November 2019
Interview Dates: Rolling process
Start Date: ASAP