Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Posted on 03/08/2020 11:39:00
Closed: 21 August 2020
Job DescriptionFundraising Officer
About Development Initiatives (DI)
Our vision is a world without poverty that invests in human security and where everyone shares the benefits of opportunity and growth.
We are an independent international development organisation that focuses on putting data-driven decision-making at the heart of poverty eradication.
We are currently looking for a Fundraising Officer to join us and help grow our income.
- Salary of £28,000 - £33,000 per annum
- Pension (5% of salary)
- 25 days’ holiday + option to buy/sell holiday
- Up to five days’ paid leave for charitable work (volunteering to address poverty and/or help vulnerable people)
- Smart casual dress code policy
- Flexitime and homeworking options
- Cycle to work scheme
- Simply Health Cash scheme with employee assistance programme
- Paid professional fees and study leave
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption/sick leave policies
If you have experience of developing high-quality fundraising proposals, this is a great opportunity to join our pioneering organisation and ensure that we can continue to play a constant and consistent role in combatting poverty.
We work in a fast-paced environment where we need to be able to respond to new situations quickly and creatively. As such, we need amazing people on our team to help us achieve our goal of ending poverty and ensuring support is provided to those across the world who are most vulnerable.
We are truly passionate about our vision and provide a culture of transparency and innovation where teams are encouraged to think outside the box and empowered to perform at their best.
As a Fundraising Officer, you will help to maintain and grow our income and expand our pool of donors, particularly with trusts, foundations and private investors.
Working closely with the Head of Development, you will research and identify potential new funders, research, draft and submit grant applications, build relationships with donors and provide procurement and administrative support during final funding negotiations.
Specifically, you will:
- Research the global funding market to identify new opportunities and potential calls for propositions
- Manage and co-ordinate our Income Research Group
- Support the development and submission of proposals
- Manage the proposal development budget
- Help to cultivate new donor relationships
To join us as a Fundraising Officer, you will need:
- At least three years’ experience of developing high-quality and successful fundraising proposals
- International development and/or third sector experience
- Demonstrable experience of researching funding sources aligned with organisation strategy and funder criteria, timelines and processes, the creation of cases for support and outstanding applications, and relationship building
- Excellent networking and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of the international development and humanitarian assistance fields, ideally including familiarity with complex development or humanitarian projects or programmes in an international NGO or similar environment
- A strong academic record in subjects demanding excellent written English
Other organisations may call this role Fundraising Executive, Fundraiser, Trusts Fundraiser, Trusts & Foundations Fundraiser, Fundraising Co-ordinator, or Grants Fundraising Officer.
Webrecruit and Development Initiatives are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Fundraising Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 35 hours per week